changing name

Status
Not open for further replies.

teapotlady

i have residence of my grandchild and both parents have contact with child and what i want to know that my grandchild mother wasnt married to the father when the baby was born and on the birth certificate it states fathers last name then the mothers last name can i take fathers name of the certificate or does my daughter do that as she left the father of the child nearly 2 years ago and there is still a protection order with me and my daughter and her son is on it to and he is now nearly 5 years of age and also i have had my grandsonin my care since he was one and half week old and the family court gave me residence and day to day welfare and development and then it states both father and mother have long term welfare and development with me as i was told i make the main descions now what i dont understand that the father is on our protection order with myself my daughter and the child so he not allowed near us and also the fathers parents have to supervise him and also on top of that he was given 12 months probation for anotherr child with dealing and child protecton was involved what i dont understand this man is allowed still have long term responsibliity of his child and there is protection order now this dont make sense he the father attacted this other child and through family court allowed to have rights i know his the father but this not right that other poor child might have emothions etc through out life. its like police have thes e orders then child protecton say oh he can see his child then family court say child has rights to see the parents i just dont understand the system here its like confusing.
sometime s i feel im a babysitter and that where do i stand in this and the grandson calls me mum

help please

Hi! My name is Alexis and I have a question. I have been wanting to change my name for awhile now but my mom has not had the time to do it. (I'm 15). Well a woman I know said that she changed her sons' last name to her last name but it wasn't legal. She said that her last name was on his school records and registrations but it was under an "also known as" name, not a legal name. Well I was wondering since I won't be able to change my name any time soon, how would I be able to do that? (have it as an also known as name) Is there any way I can request it at my school or something?

I'd greatly appreciate your help! Thanks for your time.

sincerely,
alexis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back