Changed conditions of employment causes suspention / termination threats for employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquirer

I have been employed in a non-patient contact area of a NYC hospital for more than 20 years. Within the last year the facility was "taken over" by another hospital (financial reasons). I am being forced to take a tetanus vaccination under threat of suspension / termination. I don't want to subject myself to the contents of this vaccine. Apparently, there are health exemptions to this requirement but I have to tell them what condition I have, they will not tell me what the exemptions are. At the age of 64, I am considering applying for early retirement even though it is not economically beneficial. In short, can I be forced to take this vaccine even though I have no contact with patients. Over the years I have become severely sensitive to several drugs and there is no way to know, in advance, when or how I will react so I struggle to keep my exposures to a minimum. I need help. What are my options?

The easy way out of this is to say you refuse because of your religious practices and faith.

For example, Christian Scientists are one denomination routinely exempted from such intrusions.

You need not reveal (nor prove your faith) your religion. Simply state, "I'm sorry, but I must decline this procedure because of my faith and religious observances."

You won't need a letter from the holy man, holy woman, high priestess, or imam to support your objection. A simple declarative (sometimes in writing) ends the madness.

Damn, I have to thank mama everyday for making me become a lawyer!!! Thank you mama. You and dad never steered me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back