Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Caught shoplifting from Walmart in FL, $157 total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelrobb38

Dear God I cannot believe this happened ( as in, how stupid I was to do this in the first place! ) nonetheless, I really, really need advice here!

I was apprehended outside of Walmart and taken to the LP office where they emptied my pockets and discovered 5 packs of razor blades totalling $157.

A sherriffs deputy soon came, and I had a lot of paperwork filed. After I didn't need my hands anymore to fingerprint forms, I was cuffed. I was then handed four forms. Statements from the LPO's, and a Trespass, and a notification that I am going to be sued by Walmart for "damages". The manager of Walmart also said that he will be pressing charges.

The sheriff (OPD) then took me in his SUV outside of Walmart property and did more paperwork -- this time saying that I must appear in court on August 13th, and, if I do not, a warrant for my arrest will be issued.

My question is this: How should I prepare for August 13th? What should I plead in court? (They have a LOT of evidence..) And, WORST CASE SCENARIO, what will happen to me!?
Also, what is the most PROBABLE thing that will happen to me?

I am absolutely freaking out here!
Please help!

You start consuting Lawyers to decide your defense plans. Since you did not name state it tough to say more. You can also visit the link in my signature line (Retail theft answers) that forum deals soley with these type of issues. Diversion should be one of the options you discuss with your Attorney

I checked out thel ink but didn't really find anything EXACT pertaining towards what I was looking for.

I live in Orlando, Florida.

You start consuting Lawyers to decide your defense plans. Since you did not name state it tough to say more. You can also visit the link in my signature line (Retail theft answers) that forum deals soley with these type of issues. Diversion should be one of the options you discuss with your Attorney

This should answer both your questions. Far as jail yes thats the worst! However its also very unlikely

Walmart is pressing charges.

What should I plead at my hearing? Innocent, Guilty, or No Contest?

I'm really, really freaking out..!!!

Yes. Had you gone to site I suggested you woud know all this by now! Go to court plead not guilty and request Public defender. Then discuss plea options with this Lawyer

An attorney should be appointed after the arraignment if you can demonstrate a financil hardship.

- Carl

When is "arraignment"...? (I'm not a law major ...I'm a pathology major, heh)

Is that the date that is written on the paper the sheriff deputy gave me which says to be in court on August 13th?

How is the process going to work out (general scenario...)?

The arraignment would be the date you have on the paper to appear. This is where you will go to the court, plead however you are going to plead, and if you pelad not guilty they set a court date. If you plead guilty, then you get sentenced right there, or at least a sentencing hearing at a later date where you will get sentenced, and if you plead no contest then it's kind of up to the judge at that point.

I don't mean to be harsh here, but you really need to do what everyone is telling you to do. You came here, you aksed your questions, and have been provided with plenty of info, yet you keep asking some of the questions that everyone has provided answers to.

So get a public defender. Look on the paperwork you were given about how to contact the court. Start by calling them, and they can direct you as to how to contact the public defenders office. And in the mean time go visit the sites that you were provided with here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back