Casemanager reassigned due to a non-criminal allegation. No reason given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodes

My friend is a mental health, casemanagement supervisor. She has had a great performance record at work in her 5 years at this position. Recently, she was taken out of her site - was called to a meeting in another office and was told that she could not return to her building. She was given no reason by her supervisor or H.R. director. We know that the reason is not criminal in nature. In this meeting, she was told that there would be a "discovery" process that would last 3 to 4 weeks and that she would be put to work, filing and doing paper work. She was also told that she could not communicate with any of her employees. The agency has no written policy for this process and, aside from being a horrible way to treat your staff, are there any legal difficulties with this agency's actions? Please help!

I don't see any laws being violated by what you have described. I know it's frustrating and probably frightening, but unless she has a bona fide contract that specifically says otherwise, they can reassign her at any time and for any reason not specifically prohibited by law.

I don't see any laws being violated by what you have described. I know it's frustrating and probably frightening, but unless she has a bona fide contract that specifically says otherwise, they can reassign her at any time and for any reason not specifically prohibited by law.
Dear cbg,

We appreciate your input. "My friend" is actually my wife and she probably would not want someone connected to her situation to see this. We are having a tough time with this agency's reluctance to tell her anything about why she was removed from her position. One reason that we can think of - pertains to a recent firing of a new employee
who was not capable of doing the job. I don't believe that my wife has done anything to deserve this fate. Does her agency have that much power, that they can keep her in the dark for an indeterminate amount of time? People are wondering what is going on and her reputation is certainly suffering. You don't have to respond if there's not a reason.

Thanks alot!

Bodes

I have no way of knowing what their reason is. I do know that they are not required under the law to provide it to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back