can they do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontunderstand

I have filed a sexual harassment suit against my employer [gov] with the eeoc about another co worker sexally harassing me, which turned into stalking. He was only a casual employee, only worked there for about a year. That whole time he was there he bothered me. he constantly called me on my phone and he even followed me around at lunch when he wasnt even at work. I worked there for 18 years. management never did anything about it and let the guy finish out his time. I had to take his last two weeks off because i couldnt handle it anymore. The doctor even gave me medicine to help me sleep and calm my nerves. Well, back in april my case was settled. even though this guy once in awhile would still crank call me. Then the begining of May he calls my house and actually left a message saying it was him and for me to pick up the phone.Then i hear rumors at work that they are getting ready to hire 3 new guys and his name is #1 on the list. The union went to personnell to try and stop this but they said there was nothing they could do because there was nothing in this guys file. They even gave them my case number. They then went to the manager of the dept. that i had filed the eeo on and the same dept. that was to hire him back. HER response was that the guy needs to work and i should have paid him back the candy money i owed him. {His reasoning for calling me a million times} Now the guy has been rehired as a full time employee and starts tomorrow. Would this be revenge on her part because i brought those charges against her? They are acting like i am the problem and not the victim. I am very concerned about once again working in a hostile enviroment. And do i have to. I am a single mother with children and cant afford to be off of work. Do i have another case? Or do I have to wait for him to do something again?

You have to wait until he does something again.

Unless a court specifically ruled otherwise, no law prohibits them from rehiring him.

I understand why you're upset, but no laws have been violated.

can they do this

Well of course I think they are unfair not documenting this type of harrassment. I had a similar thing happen to me and I reported it. There was a paper put in his file by HR, and he was told to cease his actions. He used to follow me, get me coffee, and confronted me in the parking ramp.

However, I am afraid there are no laws for not rehiring him back, it would be the company's decision. Have you thought about finding another job, to allieviate the stress esp being a mom. This might be the best solution.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back