Can they do this in a church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarasam1

I have been an active member of my church for the last three years. This year, I took a staff position as the choir director. The accompanist and I have gone head-to-head in the past, mostly by her gossipping and spreading rumors about me. This week, she took it a step too far, by calling my son's school and speaking to a school counselor about my parenting skills (her opinion, lack of!). I have not received any contact from Social Services, and if I do, I will welcome them into my home to see that my child is being well raised. My question is, as peers & coworkers, I feel like I cannot work with her any longer; to do so would be to continually put my family into her line of fire. I pled with the Pastor of the church to address this somehow, but he says it is a family feud, and that I am resigning if I cannot work with her. Is this defamation of character? Also, by bringing the issue to the boss (the Pastor), I feel like I have had retaliation, by being let go from my position. I never voluntarily resigned, just stated that I cannot work with her. Any advice would be welcomed.

Is this defamation of character? Do you mean is the pastor refusing to pick sides defamation of character? No, not even close.

Also, by bringing the issue to the boss (the Pastor), I feel like I have had retaliation, by being let go from my position. I never voluntarily resigned, just stated that I cannot work with her. What you did is give the Pastor an ultimatum: either she goes or I go. Since he refused to get in the middle of this, he took you at your word and accepted your resignation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back