Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft can shoplifting charges get any worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a civil issue if you ignore it they can sue you. How long they have to do that I am unsure as laws vary by state. I have not seen your question on other site but if answer was vague your question might been so as well. why not ask again with more detail

franc said:
to Army Judge: Words cannot express how grateful I am for your educated opinion … I know I must not rely on it as gospel, however, I’m hopeful that at least I can put this nightmare on a shelf until I have to face the music, and not allow it to occupy my every waking moment … the worst scenario’s keep replaying in my brain until I’m ready to explode … I cannot describe how physically sick I become each time I flash back to that day … my stomach is one tremendous sickening knot … I have truly learned my lesson.

Good for you.

Don't worry too much, this is America. People commit rape, robbery, and murder in America and get probation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacksgal: i placed same exact message, which was very detailed; i believe same title also; state is NEW YORK ... i will be pleading NOT guilty ... my understanding from replies at this site is that i should not pay civil resitition unless i plead guilty or i am convicted of charges ... is that not correct? i'm just going to sit tight for now, try not to over analyze situation and follow my attorney's instructions.

You have an Attorney your legal advice should come from him/her not anonymous internet posters. However if you plan to fight this then yes paying civil Demand might be unwise at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back