Can she really firer me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarahserna85

Hi there I am a freight manager at a (discount store) and we just got a new store manager but she from New Mexico. Apparently there are a lot of different laws between California she is stuck on New mexico laws she's been doing a lot of violations and every time i tell her its a violation she rolls her eyes and tell me don't worry about it. the problem is when she leaves the store it is my problem because if OSHA came in to the store i am the manager on duty so it will be me in trouble. To make matters worst the store promoted a cashier to part time manager and she a know it all . She kept a cashier late and close the system down without clocking out and wrote down they left earlier. Problem there is the store manager didn't believe her so now the cashier bought in her witnesses that say they saw both leaving later and if its true she in violation too. I called the store manager and told her that she has witnesses and she needs to and paid for those mins. Another problem is my store manager doesn't do has-mat or damages which is one of the most duty we have to do daily. I showed her multiply times but she refused to do them which makes my day harder to work with. she doesn't know how to received truck or to prepared the warehouse for it , i show her how to do it and how to schedule us for it but she listens more to the part time manager than me. my old store manager came in to how train her too but she left to because its too frustrating . its like she doesn't want to learn or listen . i just found out that she is telling my district manager that I'm being unsupported and wants me firer. Can I get firer for being right and protecting myself ? I took pictures of everything in violation i been seeing with both store manager and part time manager for proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can be terminated because the day of the week ends in the letter "Y", or you aren't we'll liked, or just because your hair is brown, black, or grey.

It's not your place to correct a superior.
Smart employees learn that before they become adults, they don't correct their mom, dad, grandpa, or other elders in their family.

You want to avoid trouble and unexpected unemployment, do your job, keep your advice inside your head, especially criticisms. It's their company to ruin if they wish. As long as you're not required to break the law, cause a ruckus, or run their personal errands its best to see and not say.

Things will often sort themselves out with no outside intervention required.
You impress me as a hard worker, diligent in all you do, and expect others to behave as you do. That's not how life works. Just keep doing great work, close your mouth, and keep smiling. Life's so much easier when you avoid hassles, confrontations, and conflicts.

Thank you for the advice , I forgot to mention that I was on light duty to a minor surgery I had . The store manager doesn't know how to prepare or do truck so I been doing it , I told her the first time I can't lift anything 15 lbs or show her my note but she said she has no one else which is a lie the other part time manager said she can come in . I started to bleed after I lift the second box and my stockers had to wait on me . My doctor gave me pain killers but they make me sleepy I can't take them whole working and now I'm in pain when working . My two weeks of light duty is almost up and my check up soon I don't think fully recovered yet. Should I called human resource or someone else ?

I prefer grey over bald. :) .....................

It isn't clear where you two fit on the org chart and if either of you reports to the other. If you report to her or you both report to someone else, take it up the chain of command. Might mean going to HR or another higher level supervisor. You know how your company is structured better than we do. If she reports to you, then you need to step up as the supervisor and document the incidents of non-compliance and start progressive discipline.

It would also be a rare and extreme case where OSHA found a manager individually liable for a violation and even then, it would not just be the person on duty when they showed up. Violations would be against the employer not the individual manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back