Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Can my DUI that was dismissed through the Deferred program be brought

Status
Not open for further replies.

alabamadewey

Hi, I plead guilty to a DUI first offense last year. I completed the DUI Deferred program and the charges were dropped. I just recently was involved in a single car accident, refused the field sobriety test and the breathalyzer, but was still convicted of a DUI. Am I facing Second Offense charges? I was told I would not be able to go through the Deferred program again.

Hi, I plead guilty to a DUI first offense last year. I completed the DUI Deferred program and the charges were dropped. I just recently was involved in a single car accident, refused the field sobriety test and the breathalyzer, but was still convicted of a DUI. Am I facing Second Offense charges? I was told I would not be able to go through the Deferred program again.

I suggest you retain an attorney.
If you can't afford one, ask for a public defender.

YES, this is very serious. It'll likely be prosecuted as a 2nd offense. It also means you'll lose your drivers license, and when you get it back, insurance will cost you a small fortune, if you can get it.

A lawyer can help reduce the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back