Can I sue facebook for blocking my account while sharing life or death information with friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockandroll97

Jurisdiction
Florida
Ivermectin has 73 peer reviewed studies showing its effectiveness. I have many friends with covid from my state and while sharing strictly the science, I've been blocked. I'm livid and though I don't expect to win I would like sue as a matter of principle. What can i do?

What can i do?

I have no idea what you can or can't do.

Suffice it to say, you're capable of doing millions of things.

Stuart Smalley offers wonderful insights into human capabilities, enjoy:

Ivermectin has 73 peer reviewed studies showing its effectiveness. I have many friends with covid from my state and while sharing strictly the science, I've been blocked. I'm livid and though I don't expect to win I would like sue as a matter of principle. What can i do?

While you could file a lawsuit, you'd lose and you might find yourself facing significant sanctions for filing a frivolous lawsuit. In short, this could be costly for you. I suggest a better course of action would be perhaps a letter to Mark Zuckerberg complaining about the company's policies.

By the way, if you've not looked at it already, Facebook has a covid-19 page that goes into great detail about the covid related content that Facebook does not allow. Your posts are likely running afoul of the rules posting false or misleading information about treatments for covid. For reference, the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has a page that explains why you should not use ivermectin to treat covid. That official government guidance is what Facebook is going to rely on to determine if a post you put up is misleading.

What principle do you have in mind here? If it's free speech, forget that. The First Amendment's free speech protection only prohibits the GOVERNMENT from restricting speech. Private persons and businesses are free to restrain speech they don't like that occurs on their property or platforms. Thus, Facebook is free to decide what posts it will allow on its sites and what posts it will not allow without violating your First Amendment free speech rights. There is no valid legal claim for you here to pursue.

Your second problem is that even if you had a valid legal claim, you have no damages for which to sue. Facebook offers its services to you for free, you have other ways to communicate with your friends besides Facebook, and you have suffered no financial or other legally recognized loss from the block.

Frustrating as the block is, if you want to post on Facebook, you gotta play by its rules.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm convinced ivermectin is being censored by the corporate machine and people are dying from it. This is possible because corporate-sponsored govt lackeys are setting public policy for the CDC and FDA.

I've seen where people have sued the FDA and CDC for other issues. People are dying. In many places, this has been given to communities prophylactically and it has wiped the virus out. I would like to file a class-action lawsuit on behalf of citizens affected by the pandemic. I am okay with the filing getting dismissed, I see this as a way to dissuade the disinformation campaign and bring light to the issue. Any help in pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated.

Relevant links:
Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 63 studies
Home | FLCCC | Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance
COVID-19 early treatment: real-time analysis of 873 studies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back