Can I subpoena my ex employer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tina72065

Can I subpoena my ex employer to go to my EDD hearing, and if so, how do I go about doing it? I really want him to show up so he can explain how he got my resignation letter that he manipulated me into signing and to explain to the judge how he fraudulently made a gas log in exchange for taxes.

You will need the help of an attorney to do that. Hope this helps!

So when I get my hearing date I call the attourney or do it now? The paper work from my last hearing said I could subpoena anybody, why not him?

Hang on - what state are you in and are you trying to pursue civil charges after the EDD?

No Civil charges

California and no I am not going after EDD. I want my ex employer to come to my hearing so he can justify his wrong doing to help prove my case. He manipulated me into signing a resignation letter that was not meant to be used as quitting and he created a fake gas mileage log to protect him from paying taxes. He lied to EDD about how my employment ended. His company has only been open for a few months. I started the very 1st day when it opened. 2 months into it, and there were no sales. he called me in his office to let me go and said he couldnt afford to keep me. I previously had written a resignation letter in case I got another job that I thought I got. He never saw the letter nor did i mention it until my last day of employment. I knew the business was failing so i kept my resume online just in case. I was not out looking for work. Another company called me, so I checked it out just in case to protect my future. I wrote the letter to my employer to keep handy if I needed it. When I was let go, my employer asked for a letter in writing I was leaving. i told him that I previously wrote a letter for another reason which never happened. He asked to see it and he kept it. He used it against me. When he offered a commission only structure, I declined because there is NO money in it and i wouldnt see any money if any for a period of 3 months per client sign on. That would be a substantial loss if I accepted that offer. We had a contract that I was to be paid 1600 a month + commission and he breached the 1600 a month pay because the commission structure was subject to change.

I want him to appear so I can prove he is lying! I have allot of evidence but him being there will speak for itself. There's no way he can get out of the tax fraud. I reported that to IRS as well. Sorry this long

I won appeal now what?

I won my appeal in court on July 10th. My employer appeared and was caught in several lies and didn't have enough evidence to back himself up.

I received my wonderful news that I won on July 18th. On the 17th, I received an odd call from an ex co-worker from that company. She asked what had happened between us and I told her. She told me that the same thing happened to her. I told her to do what I did and file for UI. But she also said that when she was let go, he said he was closing his business.

My question is. How can I get UI if he closed his business. If the rumor is true, that means he closed his business just 3 working days after the court ruling. Can he do that? What will happen to me? Do I just proceed collecting from my past employment before him? What happens?

Also, how long after I received my notice I won my case, will it take for me to get my back pay owed to me? I have tried to contact EDD but their phone lines are to busy and wont accept calls which is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance (California)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back