1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Can I move out of state with my husband

Discussion in 'Grandparents Rights' started by Shellyshane, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Shellyshane

Shellyshane Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    South Dakota
    I'm 37 married 3 years and want to move out of state with my husband my guardians have nothing to do with me but say that thay will have me and my husband arrested if we move do I have any legal rights as I am married?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

What issues and/or challenges are you facing which require you to have a legal guardian?

You appear to be of legal age, sound mind and capable of writing cogent thoughts.

Based upon my insignificant, albeit useless assessment of your mental state, I see no reason why you can't relocate anywhere you and your husband desire to reside.

3. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

Why do you have a guardian, especially one who is not a spouse? What does the court order for guardianship cover (just medical, financial, legal, etc.)? Who is your guardian and when was the guardianship established?