Can I move out of state with my 3 yr old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBill

Here's the simple question (followed by the messy details):

Can I move from CO to GA with my 3 yr old to live with my family without my wife's permission?

We moved from CA to CO almost 3 months ago. We've been discussing separation for a long time. We couldn't afford to live in CA anymore and needed to stay with family for awhile. My wife refused to go to GA where my family is. So I agreed to go to CO and make the best of it. My wife promised if it didn't work out, she would go to GA.

It's not working out. The cost of living here is more than we expected and we can't afford to live separately in a decent apartment. We're staying with her sister (sleeping on couches no less) who is going through a divorce. My wife has no boundaries with her overbearing mother. And they all have serious financial problems. Our money is dwindling and we argue all the time.

I want to go to GA, but my wife won't despite her promise. We had a fight today and now she's insisting on getting our daughter at least 4 days per week instead of the 50/50 agreement we made. I feel trapped and alone.

Can I just take my daughter and go? We'd be able to stay with my parents who have two extra rooms and no money problems. The cost of living there is less and they're both retired and can babysit regularly. I thought it was the best thing to do months ago and it is only clearer now, but my wife won't budge and she's getting nasty. After today, I'm now afraid my wife, sister-in-law & mother-in-law are going to try and take my daughter away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back