Can I appeale divorce? HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angoba91

My husband left country 12 years ago, filed for divorce in Chicago, IL. without my consent, he never notified me about his intentions and plans for divorce.
After divorce he remarried, one reason for that was need for green card and authorization to work. I have never had a clue about our marriage being broken utill his recent death when I"ve found out about other wife.
What is statute of limitation if any to appeale divorce decree in Illinois.
I will appreciate all inputs very much.

If he's dead, there is nothing to appeal.

Ok, but here we're dealing with 2 wife's, one in USA, second in Europe, both are claiming rights to workers compensation and insurance benefits. How is possible to get divorce without one part not being involved in process and when person filing for divorce is purposely submitting false facts to court to obtain divorce. Isn't that a federal fraud?
Some of requirements to get divorce wasn't satisfied, for example 2 year period of separation, husband knew address of wife he was trying to divorce, but instead of sending papers to known address he forwarded them to totally fake address. He was still visiting me assuring about his commitment and his return home in close future to live together, he never mentioned about any divorce process.
Can the justice system be so wrong to allow this kind of situations to happen?

Before you do anything else, get a complete copy of the file where you were divorced.

Then if you think you were fraudulently divorced, go talk to a lawyer.

You are fighting an uphill battle; give the lawyer you want to hire something to look at.

Thank you seniorjudge, I will get those documents from Circuit Court to present them to lawyer but how to get a good one in Illinois.
I live out of state and here is my problem too.

Call the Illinois state bar and ask them for a referral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back