Can I adopt an unborn baby before she is born?

K

Kari18

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I know a girl that is 6 months pregnant with a lil girl. The "mother" is around 23 years old she has 5 "living" children and has had 3 miscarriages plus this new baby. ALL 5 kids have been adopted out. She has done drugs with every baby she has been pregnant with. Her last one is coming up on being 10 months old and she was so badly addicted to drugs she was kept in the hospital for 3 1/2 months trying to be weaned off of Morphine. Department of Children's Service took that baby as soon as she was born. From what I have been hearing with this pregnancy she has been injecting Methamphetamine, Crack Cocaine, Soboxone, Nerve Medication among other things. She doesn't care about the lives of her children much less anyone else's. I am desperately wanting to gain custody of this baby when she is born. I do believe the "mother" would sign her over just like she has the rest of them. Can you please help me??

You can't adopt the child before she is born. What about the Father of the child?

Who are you in this picture? Where is the father? Have you even approached the mother/father about adoption? This is not a DIY situation. You need an attorney. While you can not adopt a fetus, most adoptions start the process before the baby is born.

I know a girl that is 6 months pregnant with a lil girl. The "mother" is around 23 years old she has 5 "living" children and has had 3 miscarriages plus this new baby. ALL 5 kids have been adopted out. She has done drugs with every baby she has been pregnant with. Her last one is coming up on being 10 months old and she was so badly addicted to drugs she was kept in the hospital for 3 1/2 months trying to be weaned off of Morphine. Department of Children's Service took that baby as soon as she was born. From what I have been hearing with this pregnancy she has been injecting Methamphetamine, Crack Cocaine, Soboxone, Nerve Medication among other things. She doesn't care about the lives of her children much less anyone else's. I am desperately wanting to gain custody of this baby when she is born. I do believe the "mother" would sign her over just like she has the rest of them. Can you please help me??

You impress me as a person with a loving, giving, caring spirit.
You've got a big heart.
You deplore the suffering of all living creatures.
You love children.
You dislike seeing children suffer.
The information shared with you by my colleagues is spot on.
I'll add a couple tidbits for you to ponder.
A child, especially a baby born with health issues requires a massive amount of love, concern, patience, attention, compassion, empathy, and healthcare.
Your big, beautiful heart will cover most of those things.
You'll also need a big, beautiful pocketbook or purse to cover the rest.
God bless, I wish you peace.

Back