can hackers frame someone?

cluelessgal

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I was curious to know, mostly because of an irrational fear of being framed... from having ocd and post traumatic stress.....

if hackers were trying to frame someone online or from their phones, even if authorities cannot find evidence of hacking, that doesn't prove there wasn't hacking, so therefore that's probably why people don't get framed online right? Online evidence really isn't evidence because it could be anyone, meaning even if investigators cannot find evidence of hacking , that doesn't prove there wasn't hacking right? so therefore hackers cannot really frame people online or from their phones correct?

can hackers frame someone?

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible, and I'm pretty sure this is the subject of at least a couple of major motion pictures over the past two decades.

if hackers were trying to frame someone online or from their phones, even if authorities cannot find evidence of hacking, that doesn't prove there wasn't hacking, so therefore that's probably why people don't get framed online right?

Huh?

Online evidence really isn't evidence

Ummm....wrong.

because it could be anyone

There are ways to find out who's who online. For example, you may or may not be familiar with an online service called Napster. In the late 90s and into the early 2000s, it was a hotbed for illegal music "sharing." The major record companies and a number of popular recording artists filed lawsuits against Napster and obtained injunctions. They also filed hundreds or thousands of lawsuit against persons who uploaded files to and downloaded files from Napster. Those persons had all registered with Napster anonymously, but they were identifiable nonetheless, and there are a lot of folks out there whose first exposure to the legal system was by way of one of these lawsuit, and many of them were hit with judgments for tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

even if investigators cannot find evidence of hacking , that doesn't prove there wasn't hacking right?

I'd agree with that, as far as it goes.

so therefore hackers cannot really frame people online or from their phones correct?

I don't see how you get to this conclusion from anything you wrote previously, but it's most certainly an incorrect conclusion.

I bet BOTH Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, as well as many other notable people, would take issue about being framed by hackers, especially Russian hackers.

Back