Can Employer enforce a signed Non-Competition agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hman

Job is being eliminated and a separation package is being provided by employer. Signed in 1994, a Non-Disclosure, Non-Competition agreement that is being referenced in the separation agreement. Can the company actually keep me from working for a competitor and gaining income? And can they withold separation pay if I sign but not agree to honor the non-competition clause?

hman said:
Job is being eliminated and a separation package is being provided by employer. Signed in 1994, a Non-Disclosure, Non-Competition agreement that is being referenced in the separation agreement. Can the company actually keep me from working for a competitor and gaining income? And can they withold separation pay if I sign but not agree to honor the non-competition clause?

Yes, non-compete letters are normally requested.

In fact, most competitors have the same rule.

Generally, they don't poach each other's employees, but this primarily affects high ranking individuals.

Most people are not impacted by the agreements, except not to disclose trade secrets.

It is just another formality.

If you want the package, sign the form.

That is just the way it works.

Is there a limit in time where the, Non-Competitive agreement expires? Oh, and thank you Army Judge.

hman said:
Is there a limit in time where the, Non-Competitive agreement expires? Oh, and thank you Army Judge.

Each one is different.
It is all revealed in the letter.
Usually it is only two years.
You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back