can dcyf search my bedroom if no one is home

micahpurinton

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
so dcyf was called by my roomate while i was at work and my wife was away with are children at the Dr office and shopping for the kids so none of us were home my roomate went in to my room searched through my bedroom drawers were she found some drug paraphinolla upon finding it she then in turn called the local police who came to the house gathered it all and then called dcyf while no was at work I got a msg asking how long till I was home I told them my wife wouldn't be home for a while and i was on my way when I got home I walked in to a police officer and my roomate crying at the table at the time I found out i had a bench warrant for unpaid fine of a100dollars so i was arrested immediately and tooken away but when my wife returned with the children dcyf shows up with a cop and takes my one year old little girl and my four year old little girl immediately now no one was supposed to be in my bed room and the children were not at the home or anywhere near the things they found i was going to dispose of it before they got home can they legally go through my room and use the evidence even though I was not there and neither we're the children

Your roommate has no obligations under the 4th amendment. She suspected a crime, searched your room, found evidence of a crime and reported it to the police. That gave the police the right to come into your room to confiscate the articles and charge you with the crime.

She was also right to call DCYF. An infant in the house of a druggie. No good.

also they had no idea about the bench warrant till I came home and gave them my info after they had already searched my bed room

Irrelevant.

can they legally go through my room and use the evidence

Yes.

Sorry, but you are a criminal and a scofflaw, now you suffer the consequences.

Back