Can DCSE get me the money for the medical bills?

T

Tired1985

Jurisdiction
Virginia
The non-custodial parent was ordered to pay 15% of the kid's reimbursed medical expenses.I just had to give the non-custodial parent the bills and proof that I paid them. For the last two years I have sent bills and proof of payment and got nothing. The non-custodial parents claimed to be "too confused" about what was owed and refused to pay a dime.

We went to court so I could get a judgement and the non-custodial parent and attorney agreed to pay the full amount owed. It was done "By agreement". The judge entered the exact amount owed as the amount agreed to. Unfortunately, the judge gave no timeline for when it had to be paid and simply said "as soon as reasonably possible". The judge did however put in the order that I can "apply to DCSE for services".

Well, naturally, days after we walk out of court, the non-custodial parent is once again saying that they are "too confused" to pay the amount they agreed to in court and is refusing to pay until they "understand fully what is owed".

I know DCSE is supposed to be able to go after the non-custodial parent if there is a judgement for a specific amount owed. My question is, can DCSE enforce this "agreement"?

My question is, can DCSE enforce this "agreement"?

The answer is YES, if DCSE decides to do so.

I suggest, if this is really important to you, contact DCSE on Monday.

It might be better if you visited an office in person, either way, tell them your story.
Ask the "rep" what can DCSE do to help you.

If its what you suspect, ask for their help.

However, here's the dirty little secret of your predicament.

If you get four or five bucks, or DCSE gets ten bucks, take it.

Don't budget on the expectation that this CONFUSED DEADBEAT will ever pay one dime.

If you get $200 here and there, save it for your child.

If you don't get it, which is probably going to be your normal, the truth will set you free.

There are DEADBEAT males and females who do nothing to support their children.

The entire burden is foisted upon the custodial parent.

So, be careful going forward, don't expect much, and if you get a little you'll think its a muntain load.

You're not getting anything. My ex is supposed to pay half of daycare and medical. Lucky for him I'm in the military so insurance covers most stuff while Medicaid picks up the rest. But half of daycare...I'll never see it. Barely child support.

The NCP isn't "confused" they're just selfish and greedy and lazy. Keep track of things and send the bills and that's all you can do really.

Back