Can Children of Opposite Sex Sleep in the same room?

MotherPena

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I have two boys, 4 year old, and the other is 6 months. I am also a stepmom of a Daughter whom is 7. So my husband, two boys, and I all live in a smaller sized 3 bedroom apartment. I have one boy in each room, and my husband and I share the other room. We only see my step daughter each weekend, or are supposed to anyways. Her mother is not letting us have her for the appointed parenting time. In court for that. But anyways, I am worried about CPS being called. Is there a law or is it founded upon to have children of the opposite sex sleeping in the same room? I have a loft bed set up for my 4 year old boy, it would be simple enough to add a bed under it for the 7 year old girl...

"Can Children of Opposite Sex Sleep in the same room?"

Yes.

There is no law against it.

It's not frowned on.

There is nothing wrong with having limited space for a large family.

I have two boys, 4 year old, and the other is 6 months. I am also a stepmom of a Daughter whom is 7. So my husband, two boys, and I all live in a smaller sized 3 bedroom apartment. I have one boy in each room, and my husband and I share the other room. We only see my step daughter each weekend, or are supposed to anyways. Her mother is not letting us have her for the appointed parenting time. In court for that. But anyways, I am worried about CPS being called. Is there a law or is it founded upon to have children of the opposite sex sleeping in the same room? I have a loft bed set up for my 4 year old boy, it would be simple enough to add a bed under it for the 7 year old girl...

Can there be a sticky on this? Every other day this question comes up.

CPS is not going to be called because you have siblings of opposite genders sharing bedrooms. Why would it be inappropriate for siblings to share a room? Even stepsiblings?

There's nothing wrong with your stepdaughter sharing a room with her siblings. I'm assuming they all have the same father? Or are they your kids with someone else? Either way - nothing wrong. Why do people think it's "inappropriate" for siblings of the opposite gender to share rooms? Or stepsiblings? Especially that young? Just boggles my mind.

I've visited homes where the parents had so many children that some slept on the floor in sleeping bags in the living area or dining area.

Nope, that's not a crime, either.

I wish poverty could be outlawed and everyone had a minimum income of $250,000 annually.

Sadly, most people like that $15.00 an hour minimum wage idea, so I guess some kids will be forced to sleep on the floor in sleeping bags for many years to come.

No, not illegal at all. The only time there "might be" a problem is when foster children are involved or when a child is being considered for adoption.

I've visited homes where the parents had so many children that some slept on the floor in sleeping bags in the living area or dining area.

Nope, that's not a crime, either.

I wish poverty could be outlawed and everyone had a minimum income of $250,000 annually.

Sadly, most people like that $15.00 an hour minimum wage idea, so I guess some kids will be forced to sleep on the floor in sleeping bags for many years to come.
It isn't even a matter of poverty. A childhood friend of mine has a household income well over $250K a year and owns a 7 bedroom house with 4 kids. The two oldest are a boy (10) and girl(almost 8) and though they have their own rooms, each has an extra bed in their room as the kids prefer to share.

It isn't even a matter of poverty. A childhood friend of mine has a household income well over $250K a year and owns a 7 bedroom house with 4 kids. The two oldest are a boy (10) and girl(almost 8) and though they have their own rooms, each has an extra bed in their room as the kids prefer to share.

It may not be income, in regards to people you know.
It isn't with the people I know, either.
It is a very big problem with those on the lower rungs of the socioeconomic strata.
LBJ tried to eradicate poverty, and spent billions trying.
Unfortunately, its only gotten worse.
The people posting here about this issue seem to be stuck, usually by their own devices, on the bottom rungs of the economic strata.
I've spent the better part of my adult life working with groups trying to extricate people from poverty.
I've learned, just what my father preached, it must start from within.
That, unfortunately, is exactly what Maslow and Herzberg discovered decades ago.

As stated earlier this is brought up here around once a week (maybe more) the answer never changes it is NOT unlawful for siblings to share a room. This issue is most often brought up not in childrens best interest but to hurt other parent.

Back