can an employer withhold my child support

SHOTIME03

Jurisdiction
Washington
Can My soon to Be ex-husbands employer with hold his wage garnishment if they say they over paid me. with out notice. even if a balance is still owed. where can i find the law that says so

Can My soon to Be ex-husbands employer with hold his wage garnishment if they say they over paid me. with out notice. even if a balance is still owed. where can i find the law that says so

I suggest you read the child support order.
If there are issues with you receiving what the order directs, you go back to court, or your state's child support collection agency to have the matter investigated.

The correct process is dictated by the process you used to derive the issuance of the child support order you possess.

Don't expect another person or entity to be persuaded by what law you quote, as you alone have zero authority to direct anyone to do anything.

The state child support authorities or the court are the ones with the ability to do what you wish, assuming everything is as you suggest.

Can the employer hold a garnishment owed to me by court order? (Spousal maintance and child support.)
Can the employer refuse to release the check?

How did they overwithhold/overpay? Were you getting what the order required? Don't forget there are % limits... so if he worked less than normal they may have paid full amount but if it was as over CCPA percentage it could have been too much.

Can the employer hold a garnishment owed to me by court order? (Spousal maintance and child support.)
Can the employer refuse to release the check?

If it has been done, YES, they not only CAN, they did.

You need to speak those in charge or your attorney.

His boss is his friend. He's holding a payment. He's not over paid. I don't have a lawyer. I thought that the employer is only allowed to issue a payment not decide. If or when they feel like holding it

Never plan on receiving child support or spousal support.
If you do, you'll be disappointed.

That said, if you are receiving the money based on a court order, your solution is to return to court, tell it to the judge.

That means you'll have to petition the court to be heard.

That process varies across the states, isn't quick, another reason not to bank on (as in budgeting for the payments) receiving the payments.

Back