Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Can a Minor be forced to take birth control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larbidel

I have a friend who is 16 right now (she turns 17 in Nov) and her boyfriend is 20. She has stopped taking her birth control and while is not actively trying to get pregnant she would also not be upset if it happened.

She would like to know if she could be forced to take birth control by her parents

No, but if I was her Dad she would be forced to stay away from her boyfriend because I would let him know that if he had any contact with my minor daughter I would put him in Jail. The best "birth control" for a teen daughter is a dad with a shotgun and an attitude. I know some disagree, and I respect their opinion, but it just takes my breath away when parents get their teen daughter's birth control and then tell them "now don't you have sex." Wow.

Last edited:
Even better, your friend's boyfriend could easily go to jail. Here is a discussion of the age of consent laws in your state.

Missouri
The age of consent in Missouri is 17.
Mistake as to the age of the victim may be a defense in some circumstances as defined in RSMo 566.020.
Statutory rape and sodomy, RSMo §§ 566.032 and 566.062 involve a child less than 14 years of age. Statutory rape and sodomy in the second degree, RSMo §§ 566.034 and 566.064 involve a child less than 17 years of age and an accused who is 21 years of age or older. The crime of Child molestation in the second degree, RSMo § 566.068 , occurs when a child less than 17 years of age is subject to "sexual contact".
The distinction among those crimes has led some to the false conclusion that Missouri has a close in age exception. Missouri has no such exception beyond the degree of crime committed.
While the statutory titles are cast in terms of Rape and Sodomy, the statutes prohibit conduct that is described as "sexual intercourse" and "deviant sexual intercourse". Those terms are defined in RSMo § 566.010.
Statutory rape, second degree, penalty. 566.034. 1. A person commits the crime of statutory rape in the second degree if being twenty-one years of age or older, he has sexual intercourse with another person who is less than seventeen years of age.
Statutory sodomy, second degree, penalty. 566.064. 1. A person commits the crime of statutory sodomy in the second degree if being twenty-one years of age or older, he has deviate sexual intercourse with another person who is less than seventeen years of age.
Child molestation, second degree, penalties. 566.068. 1. A person commits the crime of child molestation in the second degree if he or she subjects another person who is less than seventeen years of age to sexual contact.

I agree with you about the father thing.

the issue with the statutory thing is although it says that (what you put in bold) the statute itself states a person over 21 vs a person younger than 17. What other people have told me and what the statute itself actually says different. According to the statute he would technically be okay by the letter of the law.

I've told the girl that I think its a bad idea (and I don't like her bf much) but its her decision in the end.

Read the one about "child molestation" ...

566.068. 1. A person commits the crime of child molestation in the second degree if he or she subjects another person who is less than seventeen years of age to sexual contact.

A "person", this person does not have to be someone over 21. The boyfriend is hitting jailbait.

Plus, even when this child reaches the age of 17, if adult boyfriend aids or encourages the child from disobeying her parents he can be charged with MO's equivalent of contributing to the delinquency of a minor or custodial interference.

So, he had best keep it in his pants, respect mom and dad, and wait until she is 18 and they can shack up together and become the next generation of welfare recipients breeding babies.

- Carl

Unfortunately apparently it is her decision. As I read it he would not be guilty of Statutory rape but of Second Degree Child Molestation.

The crime of Child molestation in the second degree, RSMo § 566.068 , occurs when a child less than 17 years of age is subject to "sexual contact".

The state could decide to prosecute whether the victim wants to or not.

- carl

Hey, did you notice this guy is the same guy who apparently was doing the 15 year old daughter of his ex-girlfriend?

By George, I think you're right!

So, now what? He's claiming to be the 20 year old boyfriend and not the almost/over 40 something perv in the previous thread?

- Carl

Ya... the age difference is just under the limit for the felony rape, but still qualifies for misdemeanor unlawful sexual intercourse. If she is under 18 there is no combination of ages that makes it okay... he can be charged with a crime.

Why do I get this feeling that you are the 15 year old daughter who refuses to testify in the other post against your Mother's boyfriend who was having sex and taking pictures of you.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back