Buyers Remorse

Status
Not open for further replies.

claydar

Conway, NH
I sold a new Travel Trailer to a customer on 8-13-08. They stopped in today with the trailer and with a few minor repairs that we will do in the morning. They are telling me that they want to return the trailer for a full refund. That they are not happy with the quality and do not believe that it will hold up to their 12 kids abuse. They said that there is a law on the books that will allow them to do this. Is this true?? We are a small family dealership, not rolling in dough. Especially in this economy.

Unless there is something wrong with the trailer, that means, something that hinders the trailer from working properly in which lemon laws apply in this case, I am not aware of any remorse laws in NH. When you sold the trailer, was there a clause on the contract stating that he had a guaranteed period to return the item (such as a 30 day satisfaction guarantee or money back?) If not, if the sale was as is, then they should have thought out the purchase before they made it official. Hope this helps!

Today I had a call from their Attorney, who told me under the Uniform Commercial Code that they are allowed to return their trailer for a full refund, if they are not happy with it. Is this true?

Can they return the trailer under the Uniform Commercial Code. That is what I was told today by their Attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back