Business model (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph_H

My jurisdiction is: California

I've developed a business model that I would like to copy right it. Is there anything I could do to protect it? I've written a business plan, written manuals for the business and set up a power point presentation. Since the business model is very unique, I would like to protect it in some way. I would like to submit the idea to companies in the same industry and see if they would be interested in partnering up with me or hiring me to set it up for them. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

JEH

It's not copyrightable. You can't copyright ideas.

It might be patentable, but I doubt it. Business processes can be patented in the US, but this area is fraught with uncertainty. See a recent case called Re Bilski.

You should check with an intellectual property lawyer. One option might be a non-disclosure agreement.

There are "business method patents" that may be able to be protected. This is a long conversation and dee_dub has pointed you in the right direction. The only way you can find out whether you may have a possibility of patent protection is to speak to a patent lawyer. There is no shortcut in this area.

About Business Method Patents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back