Broker's commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSky

I am one of the two brokers facilitating a business deal, and I am promised to be paid a broker commission verbally, over the phone. I prefer not to let the buyer know the exact amount of commission I will be paid, so my exact commision fee probably should not be written on the buyer's/seller's business contract.

What is the name of contract I should have with the seller to ensure I will get paid and the time I will get paid in full? Is there any limit on the percentage or the amount a broker can get? Any experienced attorney you know in this area? Thanks. :)

By the way, in the court of law or in the legal business, what is the difference between an "attorney" and a "lawyer"? Should I say "Attorney Smith" or "Lawyer Smith" or just "Mr. Smith"? :)

I wish I knew an experienced lawyer in this area. Referrals are wanted still. Anyone familiar with this kinda situation? Is this forum abandoned? How do you select a qualified attorney to review business contracts?
I don't even just want free advice, I want an experience lawyer actually. Although the cost may get me broke for now, but I will rise again... :)

The reason you are not getting any responses is that your question has nothing to do with employment law. Try posting in the Business Law section under Contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back