Breaching of medical employment contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

2newshoes

Hi All,
Is this sufficient grounds for finding of breach of contract by my employer and what leverage/recourse would I have in my imminent resignation? Any suggestions on negotiating a severence agreement?

I am a physician assistant in month 6 of a 2 year employment contract. Because of financial difficulties, the department I was hired to work in was downscaled and I was placed in another position after 2 months, one in which the majority of functions I perform are nursing functions. In fact the person who held my current job before me was an RN. My contract states I was to provide medical services.
The contract states if I leave before 2 years I would be responsible for reimbursing the employer the recruiter's fees, which is a considerable sum. I know for a fact that the organization has not paid these fees which were due 3 months ago and that it is in fact also in arrears to the recruiter for fees due for a previous recruit from 9 months ago.
I have suffered damages. A long-distance move for which only the most direct costs were reimbursed, giving up my previous job, a diversion of my career and a soon to be hole in my resume and unemployment.
Thanks for any informed advice,
2NS

You will need to show the contract to an attorney in your state. We cannot interpret the terms of an agreement we have not read, and the exact wording matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back