Breach of contract

Tina Shafer

Jurisdiction
Indiana
Seller on Facebook agreed to sell camper to me on payments. Asked if could meet early for first payment and was told no. When time actually came for first payment, I had an emergency and couldn't make it. Was out of town when he reached out again and said next day at 6pm, when I arrived back to town went straight to said camper and he was not there at 6pm the following day. Finally got in touch and made arrangements with set time to meet. 2 and half hours before we were supposed to meet he messaged and said camper was sold. I said breach of contract.

I said breach of contract.

Before one can ATTEMPT to enforce a "breach of contract clause", said clause must be stated in the written contract.

Heck, even before one can consider a "BOCC", one needs to be a party to a "valid" contract.

wastingtime.png

When time actually came for first payment, I had an emergency and couldn't make it.

So...you failed to pay as agreed. Right?

Beyond that, do you have a question for us? If so, you should be much more clear about the relevant facts.

You had no contract.

I disagree. According to the OP, a contract existed: "Seller on Facebook agreed to sell camper to me on payments." Assuming (as is implied) the OP also so agreed, then that's a contract. Of course, if this camper is worth more than $500, it's probably not an enforceable contract, but it's a contract nonetheless.

I agree there is nothing for you to pursue here.
You did not make your payment.
Had property or money charned hands it would be a better argument to make.
At this point you are out no money and a lawsuit will not get the property for you. It now belongs to someone else.
Find another option and pay in full when you take possession.

Back