Breach of Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcdonald83

So this is the situation. I have worked for an organization for two years now starting in May 07. When I started I signed a contract that outlined the compensation package including base pay and commission based on funds raised (its a non-profit). This contract had a continuance clause provided that there is no major changes. After the first year (June 08) I had my review and was informed that my employers decided to change the commission to a performance based and no longer financially based form of commission. This was done verbally. I was not provided nor have a been provided to this date (April 09) with a new contract outlining the new compensation package. At the end of the year (Dec 08) I had raised a substantial amount of money for this organization and under the contract that I signed would have been provided a substantial "bonus." The board decided that I would not be receiving a bonus for 2008 due to performance issues (really a disagreement I had with one board member).

Do I have any recourse to get the compensation I feel I deserve? Am I operating under the contract I signed or does this verbal mandate change that contract? Am I operating under a contract at all as they made major changes to the one I signed?

I would appreciate any advice you may be able to give!

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back