Brady Disqualified, but has a gun

mrh62018

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I have been awarded a protection order against my ex husband and the form says he is Brady Disqualified. He has guns that are not registered to him, that his father gave him. Should I notify someone of this, or is there a way for me to find out if he turned them over?

Thank you for your time

I have been awarded a protection order against my ex husband and the form says he is Brady Disqualified. He has guns that are not registered to him, that his father gave him. Should I notify someone of this, or is there a way for me to find out if he turned them over?

Thank you for your time

Tell the police...

Of what use are the opinions of anonymous strangers about what you "should" or "should not" do about a situation that you've only vaguely described?

Report whatever you like to whomever you like. Beyond that, your ex-husband's legal issues that have nothing to do with you are none of your concern.

Of what use are the opinions of anonymous strangers about what you "should" or "should not" do about a situation that you've only vaguely described?

Report whatever you like to whomever you like. Beyond that, your ex-husband's legal issues that have nothing to do with you are none of your concern.

A person who is Brady disqualified owning a gun is hardly "vague". That's pretty specific actually. As far as the legal issues being none of my concern, I am the other party on this case, I'm not a random stranger with no connection. Whether or not the man who threatened to "bury me" and told me I "would never be found" has guns is a concern of mine.
According to you, you're a random stranger whose opinion doesn't matter anyway, so why respond?

zddoodah - the OP has a protective order against the guy. I believe that it certainly is her concern if the guy has guns.

Should I notify someone of this

Anyone can always "rat out", "eat cheese", or "tattle" on another person.

In fact, in most jurisdictions a person can "drop a dime", "eat cheese", "rat out a rat", "tattle to the popo", or "inform the man" ANONYMOUSLY!!!!!

Bon Appétit, "un ami" or "un amie"

I have to ask @mrh62018

Were you in the court when the judge issued the protective order?

If so why didn't you at the time mention the guns?

It was issued via mail because it was taken under advisement at the time of the hearing. We had a Consent agreement that he violated and she needed to review the prior case.

We had a Consent agreement that he violated and she needed to review the prior case.

YOU are a bystander in this matter, not a litigant.

I suggest YOU allow the litigants to address any issues flowing from this matter, as you have no standing.

However, as a citizen YOU are free to EAT CHEESE, DROP A DIME, RAT OUT A RAT, REPORT ALL CRIMINAL ACTIVITY so that the local, county, state, & federal law enforcement agencies can investigate your allegations in the interest of justice.

It was issued via mail because it was taken under advisement at the time of the hearing. We had a Consent agreement that he violated and she needed to review the prior case.

Report it. If you know he illegally has guns report it to the police. Then it's up to them.

Since he has a protection order against him, just abide by it and hope he does. I have had a protection order on someone and luckily he actually didn't violate it. But some people ignore that piece of paper. Hopefully you can avoid him and not have to go anywhere near him - and find ways to have some security for yourself.

I think that you should read the dates on the threads and realize that this took place close to two years ago and is likely resolved by now.

I think that you should read the dates on the threads and realize that this took place close to two years ago and is likely resolved by now.
Forrestinno is just a spammer without basic reading skills.

Back