Boyfriend owes me $$ .

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikuu2085

My jurisdiction is: New York , Queens

Me and my boyfriend were staying together for a while. He had borrowed over 4000 dollars from me. After we broke up and he moved out, he promised me to pay me off the debt within a period of time. After paying first 2000$, the rest checks were keep bouncing. I was calling him and he didn't respond neither my calls or my messages. When I called him with a number that he doesn't not recognize, he did pick up and respond me in inappropriate manner.

I would like to go forward to solve it in legal way. All evidence I have are the emails between us him saying that he will pay me off the debt, the checks he gave me and some people who know about that issue.

I will really appreciate if you could give me some advice.

You can take him to small claims court and see what happens. Present all the evidence you have in order to enhance your case. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your advice sir.
How many percentage do I have to win the case? If I am willing to have an attorney, how much it will cost me?

You don't need an attorney in small claims court. You represent yourself. As far as your chances regarding you winning your case, that will depend on what the judge reviews as far as evidence and what your boyfriend says when he testifies. Make sure you present everything you have to enhance your case such as text messages, emails, affidavits from witnesses, etc. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back