bound by verbal resignation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejude8

In the heat of the moment I said "consider this my two weeks notice" to my boss. No written resignation was ever submitted and my boss hasn't spoken to me since I uttered those words. Tomorrow will mark the two weeks. Am I bound by my verbal statement? I really do not want to lose my job. Thank you.

In the heat of the moment I said "consider this my two weeks notice" to my boss. No written resignation was ever submitted and my boss hasn't spoken to me since I uttered those words. Tomorrow will mark the two weeks. Am I bound by my verbal statement? I really do not want to lose my job. Thank you.

Don't you think, now would be as good a time as any, to ask your employer the question you posed here?

I do.

Be advised, an apology might preface you remarks, as well as a sincere showing of contriteness.

Otherwise, you KNOW the answer to your query.

The employer doesn't have to honor your retraction.

So, if you want to keep your job in this economy, you have some SUCKING UP to do!

This is entirely up to the employer. Under no law are you guaranteed to be able to keep your job after you resign, regardless of the circumstances, regardless of whether you rescind it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back