Medical Malpractice Botched Gall Bladder Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

trulyval1

I was just wondering if i had a case for malpractice or to at least get the doctor's bills waived. This happened in Stephens County, Georgia .My husband went in to have his galbladder removed. He was admitted to the hospital over night "just in case" a problem arise. The next morning he wakes up bleeding out in the floor, the doctor comes in takes a look at the lower right incision and says something f***ed up (the doctor's language not mine) we have to open him back up he has a bleeder. So they take him back to surgery where he(the doctor) finds that during the first surgery he had cut a vein in my husbands abdomin wall and has to tie it off. He then comes back in the waiting room after the second surgery where he proceeds to explain to me what he did to stop the bleeding and says to me "you know how the old saying goes, s**t happens. The next day he comes into the hospital room ands says my husband's blood count is still too low and he has to have a blood transfusion, and a ct scan to make sure he wasn' still bleeding. Three hours later I (the wife) had to tell three different nurses that the doctor said my husband needed two units of blood before the last one finally found the doctors orders and gave him the blood.

Last edited:
You need to consult with a malpractice attorney to see how you can go after the hospital and the doctor for his mistakes. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back