Boss uses power

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_City_Worker

To whom it may concern recently my husband was abused by his superviser using his employer power, my husband has worked with this job for over 30 years he retired in June, he retired as Road Forman, he joined a program called the Drop program for 5 more years, recently the employer was writen up for not checking employees Drivers Licenses, so my husband superviser was upset that he was writen up so he intern wrote my husband up and thn he demoted him from Road Forman to an Operator because he told my husband he should have check the employees License but when the other employee without proper license was hired he was hired for another crew and then he was transfered over to my husbands department to which my husband was told by his superviser to send said employee to operate the loader to which the Employer never copied nor did he ask said employee to see his license can my husband be Demoted over this?

i am not sure that i see any legal indications, if i am understanding correctly, the employer hired an employee who did not have a driver's license. the supervisor was written up for not having checked the dl of the employee so your husband's sup in turn blamed your husband, wrote him up and demoted him, is this correct
my initial thoughts are to check company policy on hiring to determine whose responsibility it is to ensure that an employee hired for a particular job has a valid state dl. that sound like an hr function to me in the hiring process unless company policy states otherwise. if company policy states that it was your husband's job to check for a valid dl, then yes, if it is a written policy that that was in your husband's job scope, then i would say yes, they can do that. there needs to be a determination from written job descriptions whose responsibility it is to determine if an employee has a vaild dl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back