Blackballed but no concrete evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hthomas

My jurisdiction is: North Carolina

My jurisdiction is: NC/US

I am a 22 year teacher. I have been at the present school for 12 years. The school's discipline and principal are terrible. Teachers come and go. I desperately want to leave due to health reasons. I have high blood pressure due to the stress and aggravation of the job. I have never been written up or disrespectful to my boss. I work with the students as though they are my own.I have had numerous accolades...teacher of the year, United Way grant recipient, etc. I just want out. For the last 6 years, I have been unable to transfer to other schools within the same county. I get the interviews. They all go excellent, so I thought...so they say. Six interviews no job. My principal claims that she is not "doing anything" or "saying anything". I went to the Superintendent in charge of personnel. He checked my files, everything. He says that there is nothing bad at all in them. When I checkup on the jobs, they just say they decided to go with someone else or they either don't return my calls about the matter. The last employer told me that she was adding me to her interview list and that she would call me in a few days for an interview. She never called. I'm concerned because I heard from a good source that they discuss the employees verbally at their principals meetings. How can I prove that I am the victim of "blackballing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back