Big Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

inIL

I recently married a woman I did not know very well. She lied about being on birth control and I got her pregnant. She told me if I didn't marry her that she would give our baby up for adoption. Not wanting this to happen I married her. Before we got married we sorted out how we felt about certain issues, me being old fashioned said I believed the man should be the head of the house, etc. She said she agreed and thought the same. After we got married she told me she lied and she didn't care what she said before we got married. She said she wanted a partnership, but in truth she meant she wanted to control me and be the head of the household herself. When she realized I wouldn't be controlled and that wasn't going to fly she demanded a divorce. I told her I would not give her one (although now I am rethinking). So, she needed ammunition-she filed a police report saying I hit her 7 times. It was completely false and even the police didn't take it seriously. However I know this would work in her advantage in divorce court. She swung on me but I feel no need to file a report and play the blame game. Since I married her because of a threat of giving up the baby, and under false promises, what are my rights for annulment in the state of Illinois; and also what am I headed into as far as a divorce, both contested or uncontested.

I have the answer for your situation. (no kidding).

call me if you want. I've been through something very similar but even worse. I now help people like you get through these kinds of situations. I'm not looking to make a lot of money but I know how you feel and can help.
Mark
801-687-2762

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back