being made to have visitations at a church- I'm Pagan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntteubertt

I am being made to visit my daughter only at a Baptist Church and I am Pagan. I am totally uncomftorable as are my daughters other family with this. What Amendment right is this violating and if there are cases that can be refrenced please let me know. She has missed her brothers birthdays and several family holidays because of this.

Last edited:
Are you being forced (by whom?) to attend services? Or is the church simply a meeting place?

I am being made to stay to see my daughter. This is the only place I am able to see her. So we stay. His lawyer has told him to not allow me any other places or even speak to me. But i have 50/50 custody and he has physical placement. It has been very difficult to go to church and sit in their services, and have to join in the other activities. I know everyone has to do things that they dont like for their children but this is against my beliefs.

What does your court order say about where you can see your daughter? Are we to assume that you are the non-custodial parent and that this is the child's father you are referring to?

We're still trying to establish what the issue IS, since you are not being exactly forthcoming with FACTS.

Sorry..... He has custody of my daughter and due to a housing situation she is living with him. It states in my papers that he has physical placement, no child support, periods of placement are to be at the church with other areas such as parks, etc..... It was only suppose to be for 6 months...the 6 months is way over. He refuses to go to Mediation or even speak to me. It also states about the extra holidays that we should share. He has not abided by thiose stippulations either.

I also am not allowed by him, to have any info on my daughters schooling. She has days when she is suppose to call me and he makes her put the phone on speaker phone so he can basically lead the whole conversation. When we are at church he needs to sit in between myself and her. I have done nothing wrong. Had the housing situation due to knee surgery and no income coming in. That situation is fixed. He also had to go to my familys house with my daughter for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Like he is part of the family. I wasnt allowed by him to be there if my family wanted to see her.

Please type word for word (minus names) what your court orders actually say.

You don't have to attend the services.
Besides, how is it possible to visit during the service?
You can appear after the service to visit with your child.
Why do you say that you must visit with her in the church?
Why not meet with her on the grounds?
No court order forces you to attend a religious service.
If it did, it would violate the the 1st amendment.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I do have to stay if I want to see her. It is court ordered that my visitations are at the church during the service hours. It isa very small church with no extra rooms to visit away from the services. Plus her father will not allow her to be alone with anyone in my family. Even her sister or brothers. I have a 16, 14 and 17 month old also. I am so.. lost. My family is hurting because of this all. We feel guilty going to the church and basically lieing to everyone there.

Court papers read as followed....4.Respondent shall have periods of placement on Wednesdays from 5:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and on Sundays from 9:15 a.m. to 12:01 p.m. at the Wyocena Baptist Church in Wyocena, WI. Placement may also include area parks (weather oermitting), libary or communtiy center provided Petitioner and Respondent coordinate these alternative placement sites. Petitioner shall be responsible for all placement transportation on ANT. If respondent does not arrive by 6:15 p.m. on Wensdays or by 9:45 a.m. on Sundays, Petitioner may leave with ANT and the respondent forfeits her placement on said date.

6. Respondent will not be awarded any other placement.

You have misinterpreted the custody order.
For your benefit, reread it, and work on comprehending it.
If that fails, have someone read the order to you.
Have that same someone, work with you to effect and improve your understanding of said order.

This order may not be all that you desire, but does allow you choices.

This is probably the result of some unfortunate circumstances, so I suggest you work to improve the things that are handicapping you.

Good luck.

Court papers read as followed....4.Respondent shall have periods of placement on Wednesdays from 5:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and on Sundays from 9:15 a.m. to 12:01 p.m. at the Wyocena Baptist Church in Wyocena, WI. Placement may also include area parks (weather oermitting), libary or communtiy center provided Petitioner and Respondent coordinate these alternative placement sites. Petitioner shall be responsible for all placement transportation on ANT. If respondent does not arrive by 6:15 p.m. on Wensdays or by 9:45 a.m. on Sundays, Petitioner may leave with ANT and the respondent forfeits her placement on said date.

6. Respondent will not be awarded any other placement.

The custodial parent, more than likely wishes to teach the child according to his selected religious doctrine.

Therefore, Sunday visitations are in church to ensure the child observes his religious teachings. The visits aren't about you, rather, they are for the development of your child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back