Been trying to get child support for 5 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirlyrn

I have been trying to get child support for 5 yrs now and my exhusband does not comply with the judge. He has been in contempt 3 times and no one seems to care but me. I do not have any money left for a new lawyer as this is the second lawyer i have hired. He never returns my phone calls. The first time he was in contempt they gave him 10 days, then 20 days for finacial info. The child support enforcement agency cant do anything till there is a set amount .What can i do? File contempt again without my lawyer?

You can try a CS collections agency like Support Kids, you might have more luck with them. CSE's are so backlogged they just do not have the resources to go after every deadbeat. You may never get any CS from him, there is nothing they can do to make him pay if he works under the table or has no assets.

Cse Wont Even Take Case Yet

The child support enforcement agency wont even take case yet, because of no set amount by court. My husband still in contempt, why cant they arrest him? He will not give finacial info even though judge has asked 3 times.

So there is no actual child support order? Then technically how can he be in arrears?

You need to find an attorney to help you go after him and get an amount set.

i have a lawyer

I have a lawyer he wont anwser my phone calls. I quess im not at the top of his list. Can a lawyer get in trouble for that. I dont have the money for another lawyer. It took him 2 yrs for my divorce with no fight from my husband. He never showed at court.

Well until an amount of CS is ordered by the courts, he doesnt owe you. You might want to see if another attorney will be more aggressive. I am surprised if he was a no show the curts didnt award something in default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back