bedroom sharing

kitten3971

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I have an 8yr old daughter who goes to her dads every other weekend. He is married and his wife has a son and a daughter from her previous marriage and they have a son together. When they first moved into the house they now live in my daughter got her own room, the other girl got her own room and the two boys shared a room. My daughter had to spend half of her Christmas break over there and when she came home she said that they took her room away from her and gave it to one of the boys and now she has to share a room with the other boy. Like I said she is 8 and the boy that she has to share with is 4. Is there any guidelines or age limits on sharing a bedroom with the opposite sex?

Is there any guidelines or age limits on sharing a bedroom with the opposite sex?

No, poverty is not a crime.
If a family of 20 (husband & wife with 10 girls and 8 boys) were to live in a hotel room, they aren't breaking any laws.

Thsi question is asked about once a week here the answer above is standard reply. There is nothing wrong with this it happens is homes with both parents all the time. usually when someoneone brings this up its more about trying to cause problems with the EX more than concerns ove the child.....just saying

No. This is not illegal. The only time there might be a problem is when foster children or children being considered for adoption are involved.

I have an 8yr old daughter who goes to her dads every other weekend. He is married and his wife has a son and a daughter from her previous marriage and they have a son together. When they first moved into the house they now live in my daughter got her own room, the other girl got her own room and the two boys shared a room. My daughter had to spend half of her Christmas break over there and when she came home she said that they took her room away from her and gave it to one of the boys and now she has to share a room with the other boy. Like I said she is 8 and the boy that she has to share with is 4. Is there any guidelines or age limits on sharing a bedroom with the opposite sex?

So what? There are no laws against children of opposite genders sharing a bedroom except in foster care.

What's the deal if an 8 year old and 4 year old share a room? I would think they'd put her in the room with the other girl but maybe they don't get along? Maybe there was a valid reason to move around rooms? Don't know. That's their problem not yours.

I am the only girl out of five kids. I shared a room with my first younger brother (who is 2 1/2 years younger) until I was like 10 or 11. Then I got to move upstairs to an area that wasn't even really a "room" after the youngest got too big to sleep in the crib and couldn't stay in my parents room anymore. So two boys in one, two boys in the other. So from like 4 years old to 11 I shared a room with my brother. It's not a big deal. I don't get why it is such a big deal to people. If you're worried about opposite gender siblings or stepsiblings in a room there are bigger issues at hand.

Back