Auto Loans Bank Snafu

Status
Not open for further replies.

plakeboy

I was involved in an auto accident. Our car was totalled in the accident and the other driver was 100% at fault so their insurance company quickly moved to pay off the lien on our car. The insurance company needed the pay off for our vehicle from the bank. The bank gave them the pay off from my daughters car, same model same year. The insurance company sent them a check for the pay off and sent me a check for the difference. I called the bank to inform them that they were making this mistake and they denied making any mistake and in fact guaranteed me three times on the phone that the insurance company was paying off the correct vehicle. I spent 10 hours on the phone with the bank over the course of a couple months trying to correct this situation; each time told that they had it corrected and I was wrong.

This week my daughter got her title, signed off by the bank. She should have had 3 more years of payments. They also sent her payments back saying that she had overpayed.

What is our responsiblity?

I was involved in an auto accident. Our car was totalled in the accident and the other driver was 100% at fault so their insurance company quickly moved to pay off the lien on our car. The insurance company needed the pay off for our vehicle from the bank. The bank gave them the pay off from my daughters car, same model same year. The insurance company sent them a check for the pay off and sent me a check for the difference. I called the bank to inform them that they were making this mistake and they denied making any mistake and in fact guaranteed me three times on the phone that the insurance company was paying off the correct vehicle. I spent 10 hours on the phone with the bank over the course of a couple months trying to correct this situation; each time told that they had it corrected and I was wrong.

This week my daughter got her title, signed off by the bank. She should have had 3 more years of payments. They also sent her payments back saying that she had overpayed.

What is our responsiblity?

A mistake was made.

You are responsible for paying on your note.

The bank will deny they ever told you anything.

If it isn't in writing, it never happened or was said.

That said, I suggest you visit the bank and straighten this mess out, pronto.

Otherwise, there will be big problems looming ahead for you.

All conversations with the bank are recorded by the bank. The bank has acknowledged their guarantee statement. Does that change things?

re: bank communications

This large bank records all phone conversations and has acknowledged their guarantee statements. Does this change anything?

You can't profit, nor can your daughter, from a mistake.
This will mean big trouble for you, once they audit their transactions.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back