Background checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acarver416

I recently applied for a job and I had a breaking and entering charge from when I was a juvenile. The owner of the house whom was testifying against me, lied about the damages to the house and could not prove any damages occurred so the case was dropped. My employer is now asking for proof that the case was dropped. I'm not sure what kind of papers I need to prove this. It says on the papers "adjudication withheld" and I was out on parole but I violated the parole. Does this mater to the case? Am I still seen as not convicted and the case dropped even though I violated my parole? And what do I need to do to find out if the case was really dropped and show my employer

Adjudication does not mean dropped. It means that they're waiting to see if you behave yourself.

More importantly though, have you dealt with the violation? Why where you on parole to begin with? A different matter or this situation?

Your juvenile records normally irrelevant and not able to be viewed by anyone.

If you were on parole, you have received a felony conviction for something.
Parole is granted to deserving prison inmates.
You only go to prison for a felony conviction.
A felony is any conviction that resulted in a commitment to a penal colony, (for at least one year and one day) and not a county jail.

Adjududication withheld doesn't mean you don't have a record.
Even if you sought an expunction, you'd still have some form of conviction.

You might want to go to the various courthouses where you've had trials and convictions and get copies of all of your criminal records.
Once you read them, you should know how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back