Automobiles

CntryBoy

I owned the house (still paying on it of course) and bought, paid for, and have clear title to my truck. My wife left taking pretty much everything, so do I have any legal claim or action regarding getting my truck back? If so, can I have a repossession company go and get it for me?
Regarding the house, we both equally made mortgage payments on the house for 15 months (the duration of the marriage until she left). Does she have any claim to anything regarding my house?
Lastly, she moved everything out of the house and is gone now.... does she have any rights to enter the house anymore?

As long as you remain married, you betcha she can return to the family home.

She probably has no claim to the home, as you owned it prior to the marriage.

The truck is likely to be considered part of the marital estate.
Texas is a true community property estate, share and share alike, as long as you remain married.

You want things back to normal, a divorce will do that.

Did you own the truck free & clear before the marriage? If so, you might be entitled to it.

Did you own the truck free & clear before the marriage? If so, you might be entitled to it.

Yes, he is entitled to it, but not as long as they remain married.
The truck is hers to use, just as much as it his.
In this case, possession is key, until a divorce action is filed.

I should have been more clear. I was talking about if they divorce, he should be entitled to the truck since he owned & paid for it completely before marriage. You mentioned divorce in your post & that is what my mind was thinking but I didn't type it. Community property would be property obtained/acquired during the marriage & divided 50/50 in a divorce.

I should have been more clear. I was talking about if they divorce, he should be entitled to the truck since he owned & paid for it completely before marriage. You mentioned divorce in your post & that is what my mind was thinking but I didn't type it. Community property would be property obtained/acquired during the marriage & divided 50/50 in a divorce.

Yes, his problem can't be fixed unless he divorces her, or just forgets about the truck.

Agree ............................

Back