Attorney was disbarred need to recover funds

Wellrenee

Jurisdiction
California
My father was the executor over his sister and mothers estate. There was no cash monies only a family home that was sold for the assets. The attorney my father hired claimed he was owed 33% of the proceeds and took it! The heirs filed a lawsuit against my father and won. My father was forced to take out a loan of $60k in order to comply with the judges ruling. His new attorney assisted him with getting the former attorney disbarred and she claimed he could recover the $60k through an "attorney victims fund". My father has been deceased for 5yrs so the loan has fallen to my mother to repay all the whole she has made attempts to get the case reopened in order for her to recovery the funds. Is this a valid option for her? Or is she out of luck and there is no options for her file a claim for recovery. What can she do?

Is this a valid option for her? Or is she out of luck and there is no options for her file a claim for recovery. What can she do?

Your mother needs to meet with three or four attorneys to discuss this matter and determine if there are any options available to her other than a Chapter Seven bankruptcy.

However, encourage her to meet with those attorneys, discuss the matter, and learn exactly how best she should proceed.

Back