Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Attempted Burglary (window was 7 year old girl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nci777

Recently (last Wednesday morning), I was detained for my supposed involvement in attempting to enter a window, or for opening a window to the back of someones house. At the time it happened (2:30am on wed) I was blacked out drunk. I was seen at the time and my car was also identified.

Apparently, according to the police the window was to the room of a 7 year old girl. What I was told was I opened the window and left.

The next day I woke up around 8 am extremely hungover and still a little drunk. I went outside to look for my car and saw I had a flat.

I took the car to a tire place. The tire place told me it would be 45-60 minutes. During the wait I took a walk and ended up walking by the street of the house that I had apparently gone to the previous night.

I turned there and took a look at the place as i walked by, because it looked familiar to me as I did have a slight recollection of going behind someones house (kind of a dreamlike memory).

While walking about, I was seen by one of the owners of the house and several neighbors because they were informed to look out for my identity. I went back to the tire shop and picked up my car. I drove back up that direction to test the tire. I drove past an elementary school and also past that place to really look again to feel out whether or not I had actually gone there and to try and understand why. I then drove back down towards my friends house who lives close by, which is past that same elementary school and went into his place to play a video game.

After playing a bit, I decided I was hungry and drove that same direction again to go downtown, which again took me back past the same elementary school up to a main street which brought me to downtown.

Apparently the school was informed to look for my car, which is quite distinctive, because the parents were worried about me being a threat. They contacted neighbors and the school.

As I got downtown, I parked and started walking to a place to eat. I looked back and saw a police motorcycle park next to my car.

As I walked closer to town, a police officer pulled over and asked my name. I gave it to them. He than proceeded to get out his car and two other cop cars arrived.

They questioned me as to where I was the night before. I lied and said I went straight home from my friends house, because in truth I had been drunk downtown and drove home (I didn't want a DUI, didn't realize I can't get on after the fact).

I was questioned without getting any information on their end as to why they were questioning me. I felt very nervous and didn't want to say anything that might wrongfully incriminate me so I minimized my answers.

As I was there they slowly started to reveal that their belief was that I was after this 7 year old girl! I denied at all being interested or aroused by children and also that I would never do anything to anyone to harm them.

They continued to question me and mentioned that the school saw my car circle the elementary school, which is a lie, I drove by it a few times. They mentioned that I was looking at the children play as I drove by, which is true but not because I was looking at them in a sexual way.

The really crazy part of all of this is that I have been driving around the city a lot lately as I am having relationship problems with my gf (driving calms me down a bit and I get better connection with my phone away from home). My gf is actually seeing someone else who is abusive and I am trying to get her out of it. I have no way of contacting her personally (other than at work but she requests I don't call her there) as we don't want to let the other man know of my presence so she calls me.

So this is where things get really tricky. The night before I supposedly opened the window of this house, I had been on that street the girl lives on before or a cross street at around 6:30pm and had seen the kid playing on the street. I had pulled over to get a phone call and also to get some papers out of my glove compartment box from work. I talked briefly with my girlfriend she hung up and then I saw the girl on her scooter go by. She smiled and I waved and I smiled back. I then looked at my work papers and was sitting there on the corner near where she was playing. When she came by on her scooter, I looked at her just because it was enjoyable to me and not in a sexual way. She did give me a look as if she was worried I was looking at her, so I left not wanting anyone to think I was being looking at her in a sexual way. Apparently, according to the cops, she was scared enough by me looking at her play that she told her mom that some guy was starting at her. The mom looked out of the house and saw my car leaving. (this all occurred the night before my (supposed attempted burglary).

Now another time (the monday before), I apparently was witnessed by a neighbor and that I had parked on the same st. This st. is right off a main street I frequently drive. I pull over while driving mostly to receive a phone call from my gf which she calls quite often. I don't recall the street at the time and I don't remember seeing any girl or neighbor, i was just there to talk to my gf.

To me, especially when talking with them, it all seems very much so like I was scoping the area and the girl and that I had gone to enter the room of the girl in the middle of the night.

The problem I'm facing, is that this is not true and I have no recollection as to why I went back to that place and as to why I decided to open up a window (if I actually did). How would I even know it was her room? And in reality, nothing actually happened other that me trespassing and opening a window to a house and then leaving. (If that can actually be proven) But my question is since this all looks suspicious can I actually get charged with attempted burglary in regards to entering to molest or kidnap this girl? Or is there not enough evidence. I really understand it looks strange, but I truly would never do anything to a little girl and do not fantasize it either. Please help. I want some confidence that when I have my arraignment I'm not going to registered as a sex offender because of coincidence. I realize I have a problem with drinking and have started to go to AA meetings, but I feel this whole situation is getting blown out of proportion. Please let me know what you believe is at stake here.

Also.. I did later mention the truth about going downtown and driving home and blacking out, but told them I had no recollection of driving home or the incident.

NCI

Okay ... first off, do not talk to ANYONE about this until after you have consulted legal counsel. You have dug yourself a pretty steep hole, and you have now locked yourself in to a position of "I do not remember anything." That renders it nearly impossible for you to believably counter any claims that witnesses might make as to your actions.

You admitted to lying, you kept wandering through the area before and after the incident with no real good reason, and your actions in the area indicate that you are either full of hooey or are the unluckiest sot on the planet!

Based solely upon what you wrote, I suspect they are looking to make a case for at least prowling, at worst stalking or something akin to attempted burglary or attempted kidnapping.

Stop talking to ANYONE about this and get an attorney! Start calling around first thing in the morning. MAYBE you will get lucky, and they will not be able to make a good case against you. But, maybe, they will be able to put you away for a very long time. And, understand, they are almost certainly looking at you as some kind of a perv so be prepared to have your life put under a microscope.

Recently (last Wednesday morning), I was detained for my supposed involvement in attempting to enter a window, or for opening a window to the back of someones house. At the time it happened (2:30am on wed) I was blacked out drunk. I was seen at the time and my car was also identified.

Apparently, according to the police the window was to the room of a 7 year old girl. What I was told was I opened the window and left.

The next day I woke up around 8 am extremely hungover and still a little drunk. I went outside to look for my car and saw I had a flat.

I took the car to a tire place. The tire place told me it would be 45-60 minutes. During the wait I took a walk and ended up walking by the street of the house that I had apparently gone to the previous night.

I turned there and took a look at the place as i walked by, because it looked familiar to me as I did have a slight recollection of going behind someones house (kind of a dreamlike memory).

While walking about, I was seen by one of the owners of the house and several neighbors because they were informed to look out for my identity. I went back to the tire shop and picked up my car. I drove back up that direction to test the tire. I drove past an elementary school and also past that place to really look again to feel out whether or not I had actually gone there and to try and understand why. I then drove back down towards my friends house who lives close by, which is past that same elementary school and went into his place to play a video game.

After playing a bit, I decided I was hungry and drove that same direction again to go downtown, which again took me back past the same elementary school up to a main street which brought me to downtown.

Apparently the school was informed to look for my car, which is quite distinctive, because the parents were worried about me being a threat. They contacted neighbors and the school.

As I got downtown, I parked and started walking to a place to eat. I looked back and saw a police motorcycle park next to my car.

As I walked closer to town, a police officer pulled over and asked my name. I gave it to them. He than proceeded to get out his car and two other cop cars arrived.

They questioned me as to where I was the night before. I lied and said I went straight home from my friends house, because in truth I had been drunk downtown and drove home (I didn't want a DUI, didn't realize I can't get on after the fact).

I was questioned without getting any information on their end as to why they were questioning me. I felt very nervous and didn't want to say anything that might wrongfully incriminate me so I minimized my answers.

As I was there they slowly started to reveal that their belief was that I was after this 7 year old girl! I denied at all being interested or aroused by children and also that I would never do anything to anyone to harm them.

They continued to question me and mentioned that the school saw my car circle the elementary school, which is a lie, I drove by it a few times. They mentioned that I was looking at the children play as I drove by, which is true but not because I was looking at them in a sexual way.

The really crazy part of all of this is that I have been driving around the city a lot lately as I am having relationship problems with my gf (driving calms me down a bit and I get better connection with my phone away from home). My gf is actually seeing someone else who is abusive and I am trying to get her out of it. I have no way of contacting her personally (other than at work but she requests I don't call her there) as we don't want to let the other man know of my presence so she calls me.

So this is where things get really tricky. The night before I supposedly opened the window of this house, I had been on that street the girl lives on before or a cross street at around 6:30pm and had seen the kid playing on the street. I had pulled over to get a phone call and also to get some papers out of my glove compartment box from work. I talked briefly with my girlfriend she hung up and then I saw the girl on her scooter go by. She smiled and I waved and I smiled back. I then looked at my work papers and was sitting there on the corner near where she was playing. When she came by on her scooter, I looked at her just because it was enjoyable to me and not in a sexual way. She did give me a look as if she was worried I was looking at her, so I left not wanting anyone to think I was being looking at her in a sexual way. Apparently, according to the cops, she was scared enough by me looking at her play that she told her mom that some guy was starting at her. The mom looked out of the house and saw my car leaving. (this all occurred the night before my (supposed attempted burglary).

Now another time (the monday before), I apparently was witnessed by a neighbor and that I had parked on the same st. This st. is right off a main street I frequently drive. I pull over while driving mostly to receive a phone call from my gf which she calls quite often. I don't recall the street at the time and I don't remember seeing any girl or neighbor, i was just there to talk to my gf.

To me, especially when talking with them, it all seems very much so like I was scoping the area and the girl and that I had gone to enter the room of the girl in the middle of the night.

The problem I'm facing, is that this is not true and I have no recollection as to why I went back to that place and as to why I decided to open up a window (if I actually did). How would I even know it was her room? And in reality, nothing actually happened other that me trespassing and opening a window to a house and then leaving. (If that can actually be proven) But my question is since this all looks suspicious can I actually get charged with attempted burglary in regards to entering to molest or kidnap this girl? Or is there not enough evidence. I really understand it looks strange, but I truly would never do anything to a little girl and do not fantasize it either. Please help. I want some confidence that when I have my arraignment I'm not going to registered as a sex offender because of coincidence. I realize I have a problem with drinking and have started to go to AA meetings, but I feel this whole situation is getting blown out of proportion. Please let me know what you believe is at stake here.

Also.. I did later mention the truth about going downtown and driving home and blacking out, but told them I had no recollection of driving home or the incident.

NCI

CDWJava, gave you great advice.
I'll echo it, get a lawyer, ASAP, and stop yapping!

I'll also add, that you should immediately see a psychiatrist.
I've seen this behavior before, and it always ends up poorly for the actor (YOU) and his victim (A CHILD)!

I am NOT trying to be flippant or cute.
You are on the verge of doing some very bad things.
You know what you've done in your past.

You also KNOW what triggers these episodes.
I'm glad you took the time to post anonymously.
But, now you need to speak with a psychiatrist.
Please, for your sake and the sake of an innocent child, get help ASAP!

You mentioned an arraignment and NOT wanting to be required to register as a sex offender.

You, alone, know your past.

Don't tell us, NOT because we don't care, we do.

We want you to get help.

I've represented people that have done things similar to what you have described.

Many years ago, I represented a an Army Colonel, a Chaplain for engaging in similar conduct.

Please, I'm begging you for the sake of a child, see a psychiatrist IMMEDIATELY.

They can stop you from what you're planning to do!

Last edited:
most unlucky person in the world

This is what I'm trying to figure. I tell you that I wasn't trying to molest any child but all the coincidences surrounding it look that way. Can coincidences be used as evidence or will I just be charged for trespassing and opening a window because that is all I really did (according to the police). The belief behind the ill-intent is the belief of the family and the police, but in the court of law can a belief be used against me. I have no priors and in general do things to help people, not hurt them.

This is what I'm trying to figure. I tell you that I wasn't trying to molest any child but all the coincidences surrounding it look that way. Can coincidences be used as evidence or will I just be charged for trespassing and opening a window because that is all I really did (according to the police). The belief behind the ill-intent is the belief of the family and the police, but in the court of law can a belief be used against me. I have no priors and in general do things to help people, not hurt them.
These coincidences can be very damning. How well they might play out in court will depend on what the state can show or believe they can show. Since you cannot explain your actions on the night in question without admitting to being a liar (for originally saying you have no memory of the night) the state has a lot of leeway in how they can frame the case if they want to proceed.

If they can find anything in your past - comments, actions, predilections in reading material, etc. - that would tend to imply an attraction to little girls, then I would say that they can make a case against you.

In the meantime, consult an attorney!

These coincidences can be very damning. How well they might play out in court will depend on what the state can show or believe they can show. Since you cannot explain your actions on the night in question without admitting to being a liar (for originally saying you have no memory of the night) the state has a lot of leeway in how they can frame the case if they want to proceed.

If they can find anything in your past - comments, actions, predilections in reading material, etc. - that would tend to imply an attraction to little girls, then I would say that they can make a case against you.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but the police charged me with attempted burglary and a misdemeanor for annoying a child (requires prior felony) which I don't have. I posted bail and my arraignment is in a week and half. The police did really seem to be in the belief I was looking to go into this girls room for some sort of molestation or kidnapping. I know this is not what I would ever do.

None-the-less I tried to be cooperative, but I also didn't want to incriminate myself when I had no idea what was going on. Of course, really I should have just not spoken and told them I need an attorney and an understanding as to what is going on before speaking, as I was still in the dark as to why I was being pulled over.

My lying was because I did know I did something illegal (drunk driving) and I also wasn't sure what else happened, since I blacked out and woke up with a flat. I really just was scared.

Now that I see how bad the alternative is to just drunk driving, I am willing to speak the truth about it, but they slowly revealed as time went on during my interview as to why they were questioning me and as that became apparent I revealed that I did drive home drunk and blacked out. I had a flat tire (not sure from what) perhaps running off the road.

I'm telling you, that what brought me back that area that night and to that house is either coincidence, or perhaps it looked familiar because I had been there earlier the prior night, but I would never molest a child and I would never steal anything. I have no need to or desire.

They do have my computer, which I gave to them voluntarily and they are looking it over, it was used in our living room for almost a year as a community computer and I have had it for about 7 years. I know I haven't looked at anything of a child pornographic nature. So I hope to god that no one else in my household ever did.

Sorry, I just can't believe this is happening. I do have an attorney I am going to talk with him today at 1 and tomorrow in person at 10. I just am impatient and scared sh*tless. Thanks for the advice.

-NCI777

And get help for your drinking issues. You're a time bomb waiting to go off.

I am. I started AA as soon as I posted bail. I plan on going as much as possible. I am also going to take some psychological testing to show that I am not a threat to society. I really think that the alcohol is the biggest issue for me and my blacking out episodes may be tapping into a self destructive part of myself (perhaps due to my relationship issues with my gf). Of course this is my own attempt to try and figure out what the f*ck happened and why.

However, I truly do not know, so going to a psychologist is also on my list of things to do, but I really feel I do not deserve to be punished as a sex offender when I know in my heart I had no intention of molesting a child.

nci777 said:
I am. I started AA as soon as I posted bail. I plan on going as much as possible. I am also going to take some psychological testing to show that I am not a threat to society. I really think that the alcohol is the biggest issue for me and my blacking out episodes may be tapping into a self destructive part of myself (perhaps due to my relationship issues with my gf). Of course this is my own attempt to try and figure out what the f*ck happened and why.

However, I truly do not know, so going to a psychologist is also on my list of things to do, but I really feel I do not deserve to be punished as a sex offender when I know in my heart I had no intention of molesting a child.

Your missives reveal your problem.

You have issues.

You know what you've done.

You know when you've gotten away with "things".

The child was very lucky that night.

Some other children haven't been, have they?

Despite your protestations, you know all too well your intent and prior actions.

You were stalking that child like a tiger stalks it's prey.

Get some help, check yourself into a mental hospital.

This isn't about alcohol.

This is far more deep seated than alcohol abuse.

You require the services of a psychiatrist.

You need in patient help and heavy metal drugs.

Talk about issues. One point on the very first post - you said you blacked out, and later the house looked familiar. You also had seen the girl at the house some time earlier. Do you not think it's possible that while you were plowed off your @$$ that you might have gone over there? It may not have been with any sexual intention, but just to say hi to the girl? Alcohol can really screw up your judgment, to say the least.

Wow, I totally think it's fishy that this guy just happened to be on this block several times, but Army Judge's thoughts that all but make this guy out to already be a serial child molester are a little harsh. "Other children haven't been so lucky?" Geesh! Talk about painting a picture of someone ya don't even know. Rough stuff! And yes, I know, you've seen it all before, but people need to stop being so judgemental about things they aren't even sure of. This is why our legal system is so screwed up!

Wow, I totally think it's fishy that this guy just happened to be on this block several times, but Army Judge's thoughts that all but make this guy out to already be a serial child molester are a little harsh. "Other children haven't been so lucky?" Geesh! Talk about painting a picture of someone ya don't even know. Rough stuff! And yes, I know, you've seen it all before, but people need to stop being so judgemental about things they aren't even sure of. This is why our legal system is so screwed up!

I've never loitered in a seven year old's back yard at her window.

I don't personally know anyone that has.

I may be growing older, but I remember where I've been and where I'm going.

Some people are simply wired differently.

Those people are responsible for doing horrible things.

That little girl is very lucky.

I'm glad her guardian angel was looking over her that night the creeper came calling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back