Assault & Battery Assault or assaulted???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty

I have been charged with assaulting a health care worker!! That is so from the truth! Even the title of this charge is embarrassing! Ive been with the same man for over 10 years, we love n care deeply for one another we are not married but consider ourselves so and as far as we are concerned he's my husband im his wife. Few months back he had broken some ribs, while we were walking he was getting really weak and colapsed along side the road, thank god a sheriff happened to be driving by, I waved him down he got an ambulance and they wized him off to "sick bay" St. Johnes Medical Center / Peace Health. I ran home got my bike rode to the hospital. Locked my bike up. I most likely looked a little haggard sweatey from the ride. Went to the emergency check in counter, them his name, usually what happens if they are busy with a patient they have you wait in the waiting room and come get you when ever there done! RIGHT? Isnt that what the correct procedure would be? NOT WHAT THEY DID! They had a social worker or counceler or chaplin assistant come and get me from the waiting room, put me in a small what I call them grieveing rooms, Ive been in one before thats exactly what they are used for! I asked the social worker / chaplin several times if I could go see my husband!! "Was every thing was all right!!" She never gave me a straight answer, dodged any thing I asked, then put me in that room alone and left! I know what that room is used for and I begin to panick! I leave the room ask various nurses if they could direct me to his room. . . I get pretty mutch the same response they him-ha around never telling me any thing usher me back to that room. Im thinking this is crazy and I dont desetve to be treated like this. I leave the room this time, im panacked, irritated, desperate for answers! Its like i was in the twilite zone! No one would tell me if he was all right or if he had died! NOTHING! I WAS BESIDE MYSELF, HISTERICAL! OUT OF MY MIND WITH GREIF, YELLING "WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! The security guard gets there trys to calm me to no avail imway past being able to be calmed down!! At this point I belive he had died! And couldnt fathem how obsured what the security guard said to me!! Im gonna have to have you leave the hospital i looked at him and what did you say? I DONT THINK I HEARD YOU RIGHT? Did you ask me to leave? From what i understand my husband is dead amd your asking me tp go on my marry way, I said when Hell frezes over, still then youll have tp make me! This man is at least 6'5 275-280 lbs I start tp walk towards where i thought my husband would be and that gorillia grabed me by the scruff of the neck and i have my bag infront of me, I turn and try and twist away from him, a nurse said I saw that she tried to hit you with her bag! Next thing i knew i was on the floor with aknee on my neck and another in my back! He messed me up pretty bad, I never touched him with my bag! Nevertheless I went to jail and I was never so glad to see police in my life they had me hog tied and the hand cuffs were so tight when the police got there my hands wrre blue the cop released me from the hog tie and loosened yhe cuffs. Thought I heard him tell the guard it was a little excessive dont u think! When i got to the jail and got to see all the damage he did to me, my left elbow was the size of a baseball and bruised n bloody, my forarms when he was putting my arms behind my back he had put so much pressure on my arms there was finger size brusies covering my arms. STILL I SPENT 3 DAYS IN JAIL NOT KNOWING IF MY HUSBAND WAS ALIVE!! THAT WAS THR LONGEST 3 DAYS PF MY LIFE! Then they released me without seeing a judge? Told me that they droped the charges? I tried to forget the matter but its kind of hard cause im thinking my elbow is shattered. Im in court trying to get on the reinstatement program to get my licence and the judge tells me im kicked off the prpgram for getting new charges and that i had a warrent for my arrest on an assault charge judge took care of the warrent and set me a court date! I dont know what to do I serouisly doubt i did any damage to that Gorillia! He isnt consdered a health care worker is he! I cant imagine going the rest of my life with assulting a health care worker on my record! I was acctually considering sueing them for mmy elbow and all the mental anguish they put me through!!! Please i need advice!

Thank you everyone who reads this for your time and consideration.

Assualted in Longview, wa

You do not have to do damage to a person to be guilty of assault (or battery ... or however WA defines your actions).

At this point in time, you need an attorney if you are facing criminal charges. If you cannot afford an attorney, when you next attend court, ask for court appointed counsel. You might also want to check with the court beforehand to see if they have an office you can contact or someone to speak with before your arraignment in order to secure legal counsel.

Good luck.

I have been charged with assaulting a health care worker!! That is so from the truth! Even the title of this charge is embarrassing! Ive been with the same man for over 10 years, we love n care deeply for one another we are not married but consider ourselves so and as far as we are concerned he's my husband im his wife.

Let us put this one to bed first. There is no common-law marriage in WA although if another State recognizes you as being common law, WA will recognize it too.

Few months back he had broken some ribs, while we were walking he was getting really weak and colapsed along side the road, thank god a sheriff happened to be driving by, I waved him down he got an ambulance and they wized him off to "sick bay" St. Johnes Medical Center / Peace Health. I ran home got my bike rode to the hospital. Locked my bike up. I most likely looked a little haggard sweatey from the ride. Went to the emergency check in counter, them his name, usually what happens if they are busy with a patient they have you wait in the waiting room and come get you when ever there done! RIGHT? Isnt that what the correct procedure would be? NOT WHAT THEY DID!
Not necessarily - unless you are your boyfriend's health care proxy, there are limits to what they can and cannot tell you.

They had a social worker or counceler or chaplin assistant come and get me from the waiting room, put me in a small what I call them grieveing rooms, Ive been in one before thats exactly what they are used for! I asked the social worker / chaplin several times if I could go see my husband!! "Was every thing was all right!!" She never gave me a straight answer, dodged any thing I asked, then put me in that room alone and left! I know what that room is used for and I begin to panick! I leave the room ask various nurses if they could direct me to his room. . . I get pretty mutch the same response they him-ha around never telling me any thing usher me back to that room. Im thinking this is crazy and I dont desetve to be treated like this. I leave the room this time, im panacked, irritated, desperate for answers! Its like i was in the twilite zone! No one would tell me if he was all right or if he had died! NOTHING! I WAS BESIDE MYSELF, HISTERICAL! OUT OF MY MIND WITH GREIF, YELLING "WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! The security guard gets there trys to calm me to no avail imway past being able to be calmed down!! At this point I belive he had died! And couldnt fathem how obsured what the security guard said to me!! Im gonna have to have you leave the hospital i looked at him and what did you say? I DONT THINK I HEARD YOU RIGHT? Did you ask me to leave? From what i understand my husband is dead amd your asking me tp go on my marry way, I said when Hell frezes over, still then youll have tp make me!

Even if you had permission to act as his health-care proxy, this doesn't mean you get to act like you need a psych hold yourself.

This man is at least 6'5 275-280 lbs I start tp walk towards where i thought my husband would be and that gorillia grabed me by the scruff of the neck and i have my bag infront of me, I turn and try and twist away from him, a nurse said I saw that she tried to hit you with her bag!

So you were trying to get into a heavily restricted area? Oh boy.

Next thing i knew i was on the floor with aknee on my neck and another in my back! He messed me up pretty bad, I never touched him with my bag! Nevertheless I went to jail and I was never so glad to see police in my life they had me hog tied and the hand cuffs were so tight when the police got there my hands wrre blue the cop released me from the hog tie and loosened yhe cuffs. Thought I heard him tell the guard it was a little excessive dont u think! When i got to the jail and got to see all the damage he did to me, my left elbow was the size of a baseball and bruised n bloody, my forarms when he was putting my arms behind my back he had put so much pressure on my arms there was finger size brusies covering my arms. STILL I SPENT 3 DAYS IN JAIL NOT KNOWING IF MY HUSBAND WAS ALIVE!! THAT WAS THR LONGEST 3 DAYS PF MY LIFE! Then they released me without seeing a judge? Told me that they droped the charges? I tried to forget the matter but its kind of hard cause im thinking my elbow is shattered. Im in court trying to get on the reinstatement program to get my licence and the judge tells me im kicked off the prpgram for getting new charges and that i had a warrent for my arrest on an assault charge judge took care of the warrent and set me a court date! I dont know what to do I serouisly doubt i did any damage to that Gorillia! He isnt consdered a health care worker is he! I cant imagine going the rest of my life with assulting a health care worker on my record! I was acctually considering sueing them for mmy elbow and all the mental anguish they put me through!!! Please i need advice!

Here's the part you're really going to dislike.

You had no inherent right to demand information You had no inherent right to insist on seeing your boyfriend. You CERTAINLY didn't have the right to put other patients at risk because you were hysterical and trying to get into a restricted area and the staff had to deal with you instead of their patients. You did have the right though, to behave yourself even if you're newly bereaved.

Perhaps you'll get lucky and your Judge is also recently bereaved.

Now, I understand your feelings. The possible death of a loved one is heart-wrenching and brutal. (Ask me about that four month period where I lost my husband, his father, my stepfather and my mother. And it started on Christmas Day when I lost my DH). You were highly emotional and stressed. I think we all get that. But once again, it doesn't mean you have the right to misbehave.

You need a lawyer. Regardless of what you consider yourself, you had no legal right to information or to act like you did. It appears you were disorderly and committed assault. Stop talking about it and get a lawyer or request a PD.

I have been charged with assaulting a health care worker!! That is so from the truth! Even the title of this charge is embarrassing! Ive been with the same man for over 10 years, we love n care deeply for one another we are not married but consider ourselves so and as far as we are concerned he's my husband im his wife.

The law doesn't care what you think you are. The law is concerned only with what the facts are.

Bottom line, you are NOT married, you were never married.

You called yourselves married, allegedly, so the significance of your pretending led to other unintended actions, I suspect.

In the future, stick to the facts, just the facts, not the pretending and make believing.

Few months back he had broken some ribs, while we were walking he was getting really weak and colapsed along side the road, thank god a sheriff happened to be driving by, I waved him down he got an ambulance and they wized him off to "sick bay" St. Johnes Medical Center / Peace Health. I ran home got my bike rode to the hospital. Locked my bike up. I most likely looked a little haggard sweatey from the ride. Went to the emergency check in counter, them his name, usually what happens if they are busy with a patient they have you wait in the waiting room and come get you when ever there done! RIGHT? Isnt that what the correct procedure would be? NOT WHAT THEY DID! They had a social worker or counceler or chaplin assistant come and get me from the waiting room, put me in a small what I call them grieveing rooms, Ive been in one before thats exactly what they are used for! I asked the social worker / chaplin several times if I could go see my husband!!

Well, there you go again, either LYING or EXAGGERATING, he wasn't your husband. I think I can GUESS what's gonna happen, but, I like a good gag; so I;ll play along a few more minutes.

"Was every thing was all right!!" She never gave me a straight answer, dodged any thing I asked, then put me in that room alone and left! I know what that room is used for and I begin to panick! I leave the room ask various nurses if they could direct me to his room. . . I get pretty mutch the same response they him-ha around never telling me any thing usher me back to that room. Im thinking this is crazy and I dont desetve to be treated like this. I leave the room this time, im panacked, irritated, desperate for answers! Its like i was in the twilite zone! No one would tell me if he was all right or if he had died! NOTHING! I WAS BESIDE MYSELF, HISTERICAL! OUT OF MY MIND WITH GREIF, YELLING "WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! The security guard gets there trys to calm me to no avail imway past being able to be calmed down!!

Oh brother, here comes the good stuff. Those security guards got a surprise for you, I'll bet!!!

At this point I belive he had died! And couldnt fathem how obsured what the security guard said to me!! Im gonna have to have you leave the hospital i looked at him and what did you say? I DONT THINK I HEARD YOU RIGHT? Did you ask me to leave? From what i understand my husband is dead amd your asking me tp go on my marry way, I said when Hell frezes over, still then youll have tp make me! This man is at least 6'5 275-280 lbs I start tp walk towards where i thought my husband would be and that gorillia grabed me by the scruff of the neck and i have my bag infront of me, I turn and try and twist away from him, a nurse said I saw that she tried to hit you with her bag! Next thing i knew i was on the floor with aknee on my neck and another in my back! He messed me up pretty bad, I never touched him with my bag! Nevertheless I went to jail and I was never so glad to see police in my life they had me hog tied and the hand cuffs were so tight when the police got there my hands wrre blue the cop released me from the hog tie and loosened yhe cuffs.

See, never argue with law enforcement personnel, or certain security guards.

You walked right into that, didn't you?

Thought I heard him tell the guard it was a little excessive dont u think! When i got to the jail and got to see all the damage he did to me, my left elbow was the size of a baseball and bruised n bloody, my forarms when he was putting my arms behind my back he had put so much pressure on my arms there was finger size brusies covering my arms. STILL I SPENT 3 DAYS IN JAIL NOT KNOWING IF MY HUSBAND WAS ALIVE!! THAT WAS THR LONGEST 3 DAYS PF MY LIFE! Then they released me without seeing a judge? Told me that they droped the charges? I tried to forget the matter but its kind of hard cause im thinking my elbow is shattered. Im in court trying to get on the reinstatement program to get my licence and the judge tells me im kicked off the prpgram for getting new charges and that i had a warrent for my arrest on an assault charge judge took care of the warrent and set me a court date! I dont know what to do I serouisly doubt i did any damage to that Gorillia! He isnt consdered a health care worker is he! I cant imagine going the rest of my life with assulting a health care worker on my record! I was acctually considering sueing them for mmy elbow and all the mental anguish they put me through!!! Please i need advice!

You have a serious problem.

Don't try to offer an explanation for your stupidity.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

So, when you next appear in court, plead not guilty, hire a lawyer in the meantime, or if you your finances are as weak as your explanation, ask the court to provide a taxpayer funded lawyer, then shut up.

Speak only to your lawyer, and wait, stay out of trouble, and you might just get out of this without destroying yourself.

Also, how long have you been sober?

What are your drugs of choice?

How long since you last used?

The bottom line is you need a lawyer & then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back