assault family violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy1

Jurisdiction
Texas
I have been married for 20 + years. My husband is an aggressive man. He doesn't have much control over his anger. He is a federal agent. Last straw that did us in for was the last fight that we had. He become enraged and lost his control of his temper and aside from calling me every bad word in the book he puffed up his chest, squared up his arms, we were nose to nose literally and began shoving me while yelling "You know I can hurt you! You know I can hurt you! I can hurt you real bad!" Now I was told by the detective taking care of my case that he will be cited with a class c misdemeanor. How will this work? Class C, I heard is nothing. How will this affect his job? I'm divorcing him btw. Will he get cited at work? Can he be found guilty of this accusation? Because I was told that it would probably just get dismissed, is this true?

Without witnesses to back up your accusations, a video to illustrate what happened, or an oral recording of him admitting that he attacked or battered you; yes, it'll probably be dismissed.

He could get DEFERRED ADJUDICATION which means after two or three months of behaving himself, paying a couple hundred bucks in fines, throw in a few more bucks for fees, a few more bucks for court costs, and the ENTIRE sordid affair will be ERASED as if it never, ever happened!!!!

I suggest you ask your lawyer about how you can receive 50% of his pension for the rest of your natural life.

Once you discover how such a windfall can be yours, it might be in your financial best interests to simply shut up, and wait for the ensuing fireworks.

You see, bullies hate to be hit in the their wallets. Heck, EVERYONE hates to be forced to turn over 50% of what was supposed to be yours to someone you hate.

But, that's what awaits you, ma'am, if you simply sit back, shut up, and wait.

He did the heavy lifting, you get to split the profits, plus get that sweet government healthcare for the rest of your natural life, too.

You have no control over his job. You can't make them fire him and honestly, I don't see that happening over a relatively minor domestic dispute. Maybe not minor to you, but shoving someone who is arguing with you and not causing any physical harm is small potatoes and law enforcement is hardened to much worse.

As for pensions and benefits, much depends on what type of plan, and any future wives/dependents. If you are not married at the time he retires, you may not get the health benefits. Either way, you are better off apart. There is more to life and marriage than the financial rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back