Are these threatening text messages valid in court / can be used in police reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StalkedPerson

*Can I use text messages as any kind of supporting evidence?

*The threats are not explicit; however, they exhibit this individual's willingness to fight me. Subsequently, I have have been chased and attacked by the individual, who has been accompanied by 4 or more friends at times. Additionally, one in his group has even grabbed my girlfriend.

*I don't need the text messages to necessarily prove that I have been attacked, but it would be helpful to use it to help prove the existence of a motive or something similar.

Unfortunately, I don't fully understand their reasons and they will not communicate with me in any civil manner at all. Also, it is virtually impossible for me to avoid this guy and his mob because I work in the area they frequent and quitting this industry is not an option for me right now.

***ALSO****
Would text messages be backed up in this manner be acceptable?:

Take your iPhone to an AT&T store, an Apple Store, or Best Buy.

Ask a salesperson to print the messages out for you, or forward them to an email account.

Most AT&T Stores and Apple Stores are very helpful in that regard.

Unfortunately, it may take more than simply the presence of the message on your phone to stand a challenge. With the presence of "spoofing" programs, people can send texts that appear to come from most any phone number or email address. Unless the suspects confess to sending the messages, the state might have to seek a search warrant or subpoena to obtain the sender's phone or email records in order to confirm that the messages did, indeed, come from the suspect(s).

Report any potential crime to the police and let them address how best to preserve or deal with the evidence. The longer you wait, the less likely you will be successful in pursuing anything.

Actually, I have been hanging onto this text message for over one year, in case something happened. However, attacks have happened more than once. I am just trying to mount as much evidence as possible against my assailants to strengthen my case when the next attack inevitably happens :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back