Appeal Child Support Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamikabrooks

My mother recently modified her child support order. It was originaly 156/week for four children and it was changed to 200/week. My mom had a stroke 7yrs ago which left her blind and her husband walk out on her. Her husbands has had another kids since he left her. She wants to know if she can appeal the judges decision.

Is she getting the child support or is she paying it? I cannot tell from the post. Appeal the decision based on what? She can always appeal but there is a short time frame to do so.

I Live In Texas And Yesterday A Peace Officer From The Courts Served Me A Petition And Child Support Review Order From Some Lady I Haven't Seen Or Been In Touch With Since 1989 Claiming That I Am The Father Of Her 18 Year Old Son! I Am Very Upset About This How Can A Woman Convince A Court Just By Naming A Man To File This With A Court? I Remember Having A One Night Stand With This Lady And Never Seeing Her Again Until Now. Listen I Have A Family And This Would Just Tear My Family Apart, What Is The Best Way To Handle This Problem Do I Ignore It Or Do I Go To Court And Fight It?I Am Directed To File A Written Answer To The Petition And Child Support Review Order Or Request A Court Hearing In 20 Days.

I Live In Texas And Yesterday A Peace Officer From The Courts Served Me A Petition And Child Support Review Order From Some Lady I Haven't Seen Or Been In Touch With Since 1989 Claiming That I Am The Father Of Her 18 Year Old Son! I Am Very Upset About This How Can A Woman Convince A Court Just By Naming A Man To File This With A Court? I Remember Having A One Night Stand With This Lady And Never Seeing Her Again Until Now. Listen I Have A Family And This Would Just Tear My Family Apart, What Is The Best Way To Handle This Problem Do I Ignore It Or Do I Go To Court And Fight It?I Am Directed To File A Written Answer To The Petition And Child Support Review Order Or Request A Court Hearing In 20 Days.

You should have started your own thread, instead of posting your new question in someone else's thread. You're not likely to get much of a response when you post in another's thread.

However, you should absolutely respond to the petition. If you don't, you will be declared the father by default, and may be ordered to pay back child support, or whatever is requested.

You should request a hearing to determine paternity.

You need to respond to this. Since she has waited 18 years to do anything she likely cannot get anything from you since paternity was never established. However, if she was on any sort of government assistance you might be in a bind. It sounds like paternity was never established.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back