Aparment Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kianeek

Me and my boyfriend decided to rent a townhouse in which we agree to split the bill 50/50 830 split in 2. He lived in North Carolina so i found a place in which we agree the amount was resonable and b/c he wasn't in town yet I decided to put the lease and electrical bill in my name only. It was a rocky yr when he lost his job and I ended up paying more than my shared the whole yr he give 200 there 300 there but b/c we where together i stuggled and did what i needed to do for us... Now the lease gets ready to ends march 1 2010.. His have of january rent he does nt have I give them my half I got charged a late fee and and a warrant of debt fee of $200 I barrow money and pay it.. He said when he gets money he would pay me back... Feb 1 comes he has nothing still not pay another late fee and a new warrant of debt which will problaby stick now b/u i have not caught up from the jan.. i moved to my father house and he stay in the place up till the last day.. Also electicity has been added up b/u of me having to put for the rent b/c of what he has so there is a pending bill in that inwhich I think he owes me for jan and feb both late fees and warrant of debt and half of the eletricity bill that we both uses. Even though his name was not on the lease I feel like he under verbal contract with me as I am his landlord b/ we got this place together. Can I sue himunder verbal contract?

Last edited:
The law does not honor, nor does it endorse ORAL CONTRACTS when it comes to property.
You are stuck with this entire debt.
Why?
Your name is the only name on the lease!!!

Can you sue him?
Of course you can sue anyone!

Will you recover in this case?
No, not one red penny!

You have been played like an old piano.
You need to cut this bum lose.
He has shown you for more than a year how much he values you.
People wouldn't do to a mule, what this bum has done to you.
He has ridden you hard and put you away wet.

What can you do?
You can evict him from the apartment.
That is, if you decide to stay.

If you have decided to move, tell your landlord and ask the landlord to evict him.
He hasn't earned the financial right to live in that home.
Nevertheless, he is considered a tenant because you let him stay.
Thus, he has to be evicted.
Since you no longer reside there (as you are with your dad), the landlord will evict him.

By the way, what kind of creature lives in the dark?
That is the kind of creature YOU don't want in your life.
Stop believing his hard luck stories.
That bum gives all men a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back