annulment or divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry7267

My husband and I have been married for almost 6 months. Friday of last week we brought a beautiful little girl into this world which he isn't sure if she is his or not. I know that she is. He has preformed a DNA test on the baby and he is waiting on the results. Two weeks before she was born he kicked me out of our house. He has shead all financial responsiblity for me and plans for my parnents to pick up the peices. He has changed the locks on our home and i believe that he has been seeing someone else the entire time that we have been together. I do not work. I was in school and stopped school to move here to be with him because i do love him and i did want to spend the rest of my life with him. Now i am broke realisticly and mentally. I don't even know where to start. He just didn't want me anymore. Is an annulment even possible? And how do i go about him sheading financial responsiblility of me when he married me when i didn't have a job?

first of all an annulment is probably not likely now that you have a child.

You should look into seeing an attorney, or at least calling legal aid. You might qualify.

If the child is his, he will be required to pay CS. He does not have to see the child but he must pay support. If you file for gov't assistance you will be required to identify the father so that they can go after him for $$$.

Don't let him walk away from this. You should see about getting a legal seperation and a temporary order of child support.

On another note, you need to get a job. Now that you have a child it is not just his responsibiility to support it. You will eventually be required to work. CS enforcement is likely going to imput an income for you based on your skills and work history.

Good luck

I wanted to add that since your husband kicked you out of the house, he might not have had the right to do that. If he was your only source of income, it is very possible you can petition the court for him to pay your legal fees. I would recommend seeing a family law attorney, and start the divorce process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back