Annulment after Divorce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happywife

Hello, I am seeking information on my husbands behalf. He got married in 1999 and divorced in 2001. They had a son during the marriage that he voluntarily terminated his rights to this year. His ex's parents have custody in TX, (we live in TX) the ex lives in MD and is a Possessory Conservator with supervised visits only. Last year my husband got a job with Homeland Security after being a police officer for 4 years. During the background investigation they had to call his ex. She accused him of major domestic violence, drug use and infidelity, none of which is true. Last week, she said the same things to a police department's background investigator that he has applied with for employment. She even had a friend of hers call the investigator after coaching her on what to say. My husband is also in the military and will probably have to provide her information at some point and we have no doubt she will lie again. Our question is this; is there a way to have an annulment due to her lies and trying to sabotage his career so he doesn't have to provide her information to anyone again? We cannot just put her info as "unknown" since we do know it.

Thank you!

Q: Our question is this; is there a way to have an annulment due to her lies and trying to sabotage his career so he doesn't have to provide her information to anyone again?

A: There is nothing to annul.

My suggestion would be to have your attorney write her a letter outlining the penalties for defamation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back